Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Fantasy football is just that a fantasy. Has Matt Shaub ever played a full season? He gets injured alot. In real life football I think my chances of reaching the Super Bowl next year are better with a 36 year old Manning if he comes back at 75% strength and a 31 year old Shaub.
    I'm pretty confident Matt Schaub is coming back next year. I'm not so sure Peyton is. Are you?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Archie has changed his tune...

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/1/1...t-peyton-again

I imagine Archie (and Peyton) realize that there is no team in the NFL that will pay Manning what he is due to receive next year. I'm just hoping that Manning is willing to renegotiate some to help make cap room.

Ryan Grigson named new GM.

http://www.colts.com/

Interesting.

Some notes on Grigson, who turns 40 in February, courtesy of the Eagles:
    •A native of Highland, Ind., he played tight end and offensive tackle for the Purdue Boilermakers from 1991-94, serving as a captain during his senior year.

•He’s been in his current post with Philadelphia for two seasons after four years as the team’s director of college scouting.

•He’s on the Butkus Award selection committee where he helps select the nation’s top collegiate linebacker.

•During 12 years as an NFL talent evaluator, Grigson’s teams have been to the playoffs seven times and have made three trips to the Super Bowl including winning one Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams.

•Grigson has a good feel for the entire country. With the Rams, he started as a national combine scout before being promoted to an area scout, working in the Northeast, Midwest and Southeast regions during his tenure. He was the Eagles’ Western regional scout when he moved on to Philadelphia.

•He was a sixth-round draft choice of the Cincinnati Bengals out of Purdue in 1995. He spent that season as an offensive lineman with the Detroit Lions, then was with the team in training camp in 1996. He played with Toronto of the CFL in 1997 before a back injury ended his playing career.

•Following his playing career, Grigson became a pro scout with Saskatchewan of the CFL and an assistant coach at McPherson College in Kansas in 1998. He then joined the Buffalo Destroyers of the Arena Football League in 1999 as a player personnel coordinator and assistant coach.

•His younger brother Dru is currently a Midwest scout for the Arizona Cardinals.

•He and his wife, Cynthia, have two daughters and three sons.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 01-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I can't say I know of Grigson all that well. I wonder if Irsay liked the hometown factor. At first glance, he looks like a good fit. Unproven as a GM, but someone who could potentially thrive. I'm not sure this is the guy I would have hired, but it could be worse. Certainly better than Chris Polian.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    . Certainly better than Chris Polian.
    Bingo
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I wonder if this guy is going to have control or if Irsay wanted a puppet? Irsay hasn't seemed like that guy before but it makes me wonder...we already know that Grigson doesn't have a choice on Manning and drafting Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm pretty confident Matt Schaub is coming back next year. I'm not so sure Peyton is. Are you?
    Not positive but if Peyton comes back I would take him over Schaub.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Not positive but if Peyton comes back I would take him over Schaub.
    That's the big if. If he comes back and if he does how healthy will he be? Those surgeries very well could have taken a toll on his shoulder. It's certainly the story of the off season. It'll be interesting to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's the big if. If he comes back and if he does how healthy will he be? Those surgeries very well could have taken a toll on his shoulder. It's certainly the story of the off season. It'll be interesting to follow
    Schaub gets hurt and misses games every year. As a Colts fan I hope Manning retires, its better to burn out than to fade away.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Schaub gets hurt and misses games every year. As a Colts fan I hope Manning retires, its better to burn out than to fade away.
    Not me. I hope he's a Colt but if not I'd be happy to see him get another ring somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

http://phinphanatic.com/2012/01/11/i...ting-on-colts/

Don't see this one happening. The Colts would be a better scenario than Miami or St Louis, but Fisher hasn't exactly shown he can win with a young QB. Kerry Collins and Steve McNair yes, but Vince Young not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    http://phinphanatic.com/2012/01/11/i...ting-on-colts/

Don't see this one happening. The Colts would be a better scenario than Miami or St Louis, but Fisher hasn't exactly shown he can win with a young QB. Kerry Collins and Steve McNair yes, but Vince Young not so much.
    I kind of had that thought to about fischer maybe waiting to see what the colts do. I also dont think wiill happen but it sure is nice to hope .

As far as fisher not exactly being able to win with a young Q.B. Andrew luck is miles ahead of vince Young coming out of college . Was Fiscer the coach in Tennesse. When they drafted Steve Mcnair?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    I kind of had that thought to about fischer maybe waiting to see what the colts do. I also dont think wiill happen but it sure is nice to hope .

As far as fisher not exactly being able to win with a young Q.B. Andrew luck is miles ahead of vince Young coming out of college . Was Fiscer the coach in Tennesse. When they drafted Steve Mcnair?
    Yes.

Fisher also guided the 2007 Titans to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth with none other than Vince Young as QB. That's ample evidence that Fisher can win with a young (no pun intended) QB.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I would love to see Fisher here in Indy.

Turn Off Ads?