Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Caldwell fired, now I hope Marty Morningwhig is not the guy.
    So much for ESPN and their "experts". Someone, I think it was John Clayton, gave the impression that Caldwell would be retained

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who are the leading candidates?

I wonder if it's Jim Tressell? He is on the payroll anyway.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Who are the leading candidates?

I wonder if it's Jim Tressell? He is on the payroll anyway.
    Aside from Tressel, some names I think you will hear (whether true or not):
    Jon Gruden
    Mike Zimmer
    Steve Spanuolo
    Perry Fewell
    Bill Cowher
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So much for ESPN and their "experts". Someone, I think it was John Clayton, gave the impression that Caldwell would be retained
    The Colts beat writer wrote as much last night. He said he had no hard evidence, but rather had a gut feeling that Caldwell was coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Aside from Tressel, some names I think you will hear (whether true or not):
    Jon Gruden
    Mike Zimmer
    Steve Spanuolo
    Perry Fewell
    Bill Cowher
    Not a very impressive group, I hope they don't recycle someone I hope they hire a young guy who will be here a while.

No way you even hear Jon Gruden or Cowher's name mentioned and Spanulo won like 10 games in 3 years as Rams coach.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 01-17-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Not a very impressive group, I hope they don't recycle someone I hope they hire a young guy who will be here a while.

I kinda disagree, the GM having little experience is of concern to me. If a HC with little experience is hired along with a GM with little experience also then I don't think thats a good thing.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I kinda disagree, the GM having little experience is of concern to me. If a HC with little experience is hired along with a GM with little experience also then I don't think thats a good thing.
    You may have a good point there, didn't think of that. It's going to be interesting and in the press conference Grigson mentioned ushering in a "new era" makes me think Peyton may be gone.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think Zimmer could be a good hire. He has proved his value as a coordinator, and we all know the Colts D is what really needs help.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I still really want Cowher, even though it's a longshot. I would be happy with Gruden too, but I don't see it. Otherwise, the list is kind of meh to me.

Even though I don't think Caldwell is that great of a coach, it's kind of hard to believe he was fired after getting the Colts to a Super Bowl and had 1 season that was awful due to Manning being out.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I still really want Cowher, even though it's a longshot. I would be happy with Gruden too, but I don't see it. Otherwise, the list is kind of meh to me.

Even though I don't think Caldwell is that great of a coach, it's kind of hard to believe he was fired after getting the Colts to a Super Bowl and had 1 season that was awful due to Manning being out.
    I think Caldwell was Dungy's guy and the Colts listend to Dungy a little too much once he reitred. I think Caldwell was way over his head as a head coach but I also think Peyton Manning, when on, can make any coach look good.

This may be contrary to what many believe, but I think Tressel would be a fantastic NFL coach. He coached games in college like a NFL coach. I don't know if teams would be willing to go to him so soon, but I think he could be very successful.

So what is a reasonable deal for Peyton Manning? He is older, has injury concerns, etc. but is probably the best QB in the league if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So what is a reasonable deal for Peyton Manning? He is older, has injury concerns, etc. but is probably the best QB in the league if healthy.
    The way I understand it Manning will be a free agent if the 28 million dollar bonus is not kicked in.

So the talk of getting rid of Peyton and drafting Luck seems to be moot, if they cannot even receive any sort of compensation for trading Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So the talk of getting rid of Peyton and drafting Luck seems to be moot, if they cannot even receive any sort of compensation for trading Peyton.
    Well if they don't have to pay Manning the bonus and no longer have to pay his salary then they will be money ahead.

IMO Luck is not going to come to Indy and sit a year and be "tutored" by Manning. As the potential #1 pick he has the leverage to demand that he plays now.

All the buzz seems to be that the Colts are drafting Luck so Manning likely will be a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post

What's the scoop with Cowher? Does he want a coaching gig or not? I can't tell

Turn Off Ads?