Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Possibly career ending. Not good at all.
    if so he at least had a good long career and was able to win a super bowl before something like this happened.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Million dollar question,

With Manning's career apparently on the downside, would you possibly look toward the future and invest in a first round QB next season, similar to the Packers with Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Million dollar question,

With Manning's career apparently on the downside, would you possibly look toward the future and invest in a first round QB next season, similar to the Packers with Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers?
    If they were in a position to draft Luck, they'd be silly not to do so.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Million dollar question,

Absolutely. I thought they should already have had the wheels in motion starting with this draft, and a lot of Colts Homers feel the same way.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

All's fair in NFL player contracts, but is it fair game to wonder if Peyton saw this coming (or knew something was off/wrong) at the time he signed his contract extension in late July? I'm not crucifying him...just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    All's fair in NFL player contracts, but is it fair game to wonder if Peyton saw this coming (or knew something was off/wrong) at the time he signed his contract extension in late July? I'm not crucifying him...just wondering.
    You think he knew the nerves in his neck weren't regenerating as quickly as they should be? If so, he is really in tune with his body.

The Colts knew about his May surgery before they signed that contract too.

I just wonder if he could have had the surgery earlier in the offseason. I'm not a Colts fan, so I haven't watched this closely, but in hindsight, could he possibly have done this sooner? Did the lockout and the inability of management to talk with players affect how/when it was scheduled at all?

You think he knew the nerves in his neck weren't regenerating as quickly as they should be? If so, he is really in tune with his body.
    I didn't say that Eric.

Possibly career ending. Not good at all.
    Never really cared for Manning but wow does this suck. I found it ironic that many brushed the off season surgery and thought it would be business as usual for Payton. Now you have to wonder if it would be smart for him ever to take a snap again. If I were Payton I would seriously think about retiring. He has to be financially set for a number of lifetimes. Why risk greater injury, especially to the neck area, to play 4+ more seasons?

Could this in the end turn well for the Colts? Lets assume that Manning is out for the season but returns to form next year. The Colts are looking at a 6ish win season. That would result in a higher draft pick and a chance to select a difference maker in the 1st round. It may be like when the Steelers had a poor season and were able to select Big Ben earlier than they usually drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I didn't say that Eric.
    Sorry, I don't mean to put words in your mouth. Obviously I didn't get what you were saying. I don't know how Manning could have known in July that he wouldn't be healed in September.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Could this in the end turn well for the Colts? Lets assume that Manning is out for the season but returns to form next year. The Colts are looking at a 6ish win season. That would result in a higher draft pick and a chance to select a difference maker in the 1st round. It may be like when the Steelers had a poor season and were able to select Big Ben earlier than they usually drafted.
    It could, but really this year was their year. Next year the Colts are likely looking at the departure of Wayne and/or Mathis. That will be hard to offset, even with a higher draft pick. Plus, the Polians have seemed to lost their touch when it comes to drafting talent.

With the Bengals looking at another crappy year, and now this, I guess I'll jump back on the Packers bandwagon this year.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Never really cared for Manning but wow does this suck. I found it ironic that many brushed the off season surgery and thought it would be business as usual for Payton. Now you have to wonder if it would be smart for him ever to take a snap again. If I were Payton I would seriously think about retiring. He has to be financially set for a number of lifetimes. Why risk greater injury, especially to the neck area, to play 4+ more seasons?

Why do you keep calling him Payton?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Why do you keep calling him Payton?
    Because I am not a good speller. Payton or Peyton you understand who I am talking about don't you?

Because I am not a good speller. Payton or Peyton you understand who I am talking about don't you?
    I thought u were talking about this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Payton

Turn Off Ads?