Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    There have been multiple reports, the last I heard was from the Colts beat writer, he said he thinks its 50/50 that Peyton is back.
    50/50 tells us nothing. My own judgement tells me that there's no way he'll be back under his current contract. If they rip up his current contract then he becomes a free agent and he calls the shots. That's my point.

Does anyone think he'll get $28mill from Irsay in 3 weeks?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    50/50 tells us nothing. My own judgement tells me that there's no way he'll be back under his current contract. If they rip up his current contract then he becomes a free agent and he calls the shots. That's my point.

Does anyone think he'll get $28mill from Irsay in 3 weeks?
    He is gone and personally I hope he retires, the Colts are a mess right now and will be for a few years.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He is gone and personally I hope he retires, the Colts are a mess right now and will be for a few years.
    If he can play I hope he plays. I prefer the Colts but I'd be happy to see him play somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

3/8 is coming soon! What do you think will happen?

Mathis received the franchise tag today and it looks like will be resigned. I am personally good with that. Mathis just turned 31, but the Colts signed him to 4 years, which I thought was smart. I would've wanted 3 years, but I can handle 4. It's a pretty wealthy contract, but I think he'll be worth the value.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post

Mathis received the franchise tag today and it looks like will be resigned. I am personally good with that. Mathis just turned 31, but the Colts signed him to 4 years, which I thought was smart. I would've wanted 3 years, but I can handle 4. It's a pretty wealthy contract, but I think he'll be worth the value.
    That's very good news. They have a lot of holes, but those holes won't be as hard to fill adequately with Freeney and Mathis wreaking havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post

Manning will be released and the Colts start a massive rebuild.

My Facebook is blowing up with people jumping off the Colts bandwagon. Others are saying good riddance. Almost like you have to choose. I don't get it. I still love the Colts and will root for Peyton when he's not playing the Colts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Not a Colt's fan but Peyton Manning is the type of QB I wish Palmer could have been for the Bengals. I wish him nothing but the best going forward and looking forward to seeing him play some more. Tough move for all parties involved but the right move none the less.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think this is best for both parties, Manning can go somewhere and win and the Colts can rebuild with Andrew Luck. Got a feeling Colts tickets are again going to be in abundance and at a low cost for the next few years.

I understand the move, but it's sad. It just doesn't feel right. I think I understand the way Green Bay fans must have felt after Favre left. Let's just hope that Andrew Luck turns out to be the next Aaron Rodgers.

This reminds me of when the 49ers transitioned from Montana to Young. The franchise was incredibly fortunate to have Young waiting in the wings, even though the fans loved Joe much more than Young. Montana had recovered once from back surgery, and then returned from an elbow surgery when he was traded. Big difference was that there was no salary cap, yet, and the 49ers could carry both QBs.

Montana continued his career in KC, while Young won another Super Bowl with the Niners.

Indy fans are fortunate that they had Manning, and as soon as he leaves, another potential franchise QB. That doesn't happen very often.
    Last edited by NJReds; 03-07-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    My Facebook is blowing up with people jumping off the Colts bandwagon. Others are saying good riddance. Almost like you have to choose. I don't get it. I still love the Colts and will root for Peyton when he's not playing the Colts.
    Agreed. The Colts will always be my team and I will definitely root for Peyton wherever he goes.

Sad day for my son. He has always loved Peyton Manning. As soon as we move to Indy, injury and released. He's not a happy camper. Good luck to one of the NFL's all-time great QB's. Wish he could have retired wearing the horseshoe.

Peyton Manning - Pure Class

Turn Off Ads?