Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mudcats Fans!

Thank you Mudcats Fans!

Since today is the last day that the Mudcats will be affiliated with the Reds, I wanted to thank all the Mudcats fans on this forum, especially muddy and cinreds21, for their excellent contributions the last three years. I hope you guys will continue to follow the Reds and post on Redszone! Good luck with the Indians next year, and hopefully we will return in 2013.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Re: Thank you Mudcats Fans!

Thanks Bats fan. I enjoyed it on here and was glad I was able to help out.

Echo that from batsfan. Thanks to muddie and cinreds21 -- you'll be missed. And good luck with the Mudcats of the future!
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Thanks batsfan, that's very kind. I've been a little slack lately with work and trying to get our house ready for sale but I listen in on most all games. I've enjoyed every minute on this board the past few years...even with all the struggles the team has endured. You guys are awesome.

cinreds21, we'll be there today so we look forward to the visit.

Amen, batsfan. And lollipop, don't give up that easily. Maybe they'll see fit to stick around a while. Here's hoping that the High-A franchise will move there before too long.

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Since today is the last day that the Mudcats will be affiliated with the Reds, I wanted to thank all the Mudcats fans on this forum, especially muddy and cinreds21, for their excellent contributions the last three years. I hope you guys will continue to follow the Reds and post on Redszone! Good luck with the Indians next year, and hopefully we will return in 2013.
    I also want to say I agree with those comments.

Thanks guys, I've enjoyed your posts.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I'll echo everyone's sentiment. muddie and cinreds21 have been two of the best additions we've ever had to the forum, and it's been great having them around. I hope they always feel welcome here no matter the affiliations of the Mudcats.

Agreed. And if you guys can't have a Reds farm team, at least I hope you have a winning team.

Thanks guys ,your informative posts will be missed,so keep in touch here.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Nice idea. I agree with every word.

Hopefully you guys stick around and follow some of the mudcat alumni to Cincy.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    Thanks guys ,your informative posts will be missed,so keep in touch here.
    +1

Didn't know exactly where to put this but wanted you guys to know that Patrick Kinas, the Mudcats radio PBP guy, was selected as the Southern League broadcaster of the year. He is a class guy and clealry the best in this league at what he does.

Congratulations Patrick on the award, it was well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I hope they always feel welcome here no matter the affiliations of the Mudcats.

Thanks Cam.

Last night, next years version of the Carolina Mudcats advanced past the first round of the Carolina League playoffs. The Kinston Indians eliminated the Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Texas Rangers). The K-Tribe took the series 3-1 after losing the opener. Sadly, the attendance at the Saturday night game in Kinston with beautiful weather was only 877. I realize playoff games generally aren't attended that well as school is in, etc. However, this is the last year for this team in Kinston and this was a Saturday when the team could clinch the first round! Not a mystery why they can't make it there. Kinston awaits the Potomac-Frederick winner for the championship series.

Aaron Holbert, the K-Tribes manager was selected The Carolina League Manager of the Year for 2011.

In other local baseball news, the Columbus Clippers swept Durham, three games to none. I guess Carolina could have done a lot worse in getting a different affiliation.

Turn Off Ads?