Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday 9/5/11-Last game of the year-

-The Insider-

Re: Monday 9/5/11-Last game of the year-

Sorry I couldn't pull one out guys. Oh well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Billy Hamilton is 1-for-3 with a single, walk, and three stolen bases today. He finished the season with an amazing 103 stolen bases in 123 attempts. Wow. 84% success rate...

Robles has struggled considerably this year, but had a nice outing today: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K. Dayton takes a 3-1 lead into the ninth.

Chad Rogers wobbles a bit in the ninth but hangs on for Dayton, 3-2.

The farm teams have clinched a collective winning record for the season. (Actually, Louisville's victory did it.)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    The farm teams have clinched a collective winning record for the season. (Actually, Louisville's victory did it.)
    Does that include Billings? They have several games left.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Does that include Billings? They have several games left.
    Oh, I didn't realize that. I figured they were done with everyone else. Guess that was premature.

Billings has three left after today. So the organizational magic number (for a winning season) is one. Not counting playoff games. They've clinched .500 for the regular season. (I'm assuming that the AZL Reds' playoff loss was not included in the final record.)

Ryan Wright is 3-3 with a HR. Billings leads 5-2 after five.

Bakersfield bows out, 10-0. Matt Fairel had a rough go of it after coming back from surgery.

Soto and Grandal looked very impressive the last 2 days. Tom Cochran had a great end to an impressive season - he has proven me very wrong this year. Phipps ends the year hitting .380 - while he has been very impressive, he has had a large number of infield hits and bloop singles. I look forward to seeing those three guys next year with the Bats - they have given me some hope that we might have a shot at the playoffs next year - we just need pitching. Sad to see the season end - in exactly 7 months, it will be back, though.

Billings raps out 17 hits and wins 6-2. Three hits for Wright, Spencer Dickinson and Danny Vicioso. Waldrop had his obligatory double. Vicioso, the catcher, is batting .349, albeit in only around 90 PA.

THAT clinches the winning season for the farm teams. It's not a big deal, of course, but very nice to see after a couple somewhat discouraging years along those lines. To do it, the other teams had to overcome a 33-game deficit accrued by Carolina.
    Last edited by mace; 09-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Sad to see the season end - in exactly 7 months, it will be back, though.
    I told my wife the exact same thing, practically word for word, while browsing Home Depot a couple of hours ago.
    Last edited by muddie; 09-05-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Turn Off Ads?