Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Birthdays -9/7

Birthdays -9/7

Reds:

Darren Bragg (42) -Hit .191 for the 2004 Reds, which had just the effect you'd expect on his career.

Wade Rowdon (51) -Middling 3b prospect who never really blossomed.

Rick Sweet (59) Getting too old to get a big league shot? I hope not.

Reggie Otero -Fred Hutchinson's 3b coach; I think he's the one that had the fistfight with Johnny Temple.

Others:

Mark Prior (31) -One of the great "what if"s.

Jason Isringhausen (39) -Almost moved to the Reds section of this post.

Joe Rudi (65) -Was underrated for a long time, then everybody started talking about how underrated he was to the point where he almost became overrated. At any rate, he was very good, but not great.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Birthdays -9/7

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Joe Rudi (65) -Was underrated for a long time, then everybody started talking about how underrated he was to the point where he almost became overrated. At any rate, he was very good, but not great.
    Performed quite well in the 72' WS. Unfortunately.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Rudi and Tenace for '72 and Brooks Robinson for '70 earned the F. middle initial from REDS fans.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Performed quite well in the 72' WS. Unfortunately.
    Yep, he made a leaping catch against the wall that basically won game 7 for the A's.

Wasn't Prior trying to comeback with someone this season? I assume it didn't wok out.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yep, he made a leaping catch against the wall that basically won game 7 for the A's.

Wasn't Prior trying to comeback with someone this season? I assume it didn't wok out.
    I remember that play. Dennis Menke hit the ball. IIRC, it was in game 2.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Wow, it sure is hard to believe Mark Prior is only 31!!!!

-Matt

Dave Foutz- Dave was a star back in the 1880s when men were men and went both ways (on the baseball field, I mean)...How many players do you know of that led their league at various times in wins, saves and ERA, and also drove in more than 100 runs twice, scored more than 100 runs twice, and stole more than 40 bases three times?...His nickname was "Scissors"; either because he was skinny or because it was dangerous to run with him.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?