Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Stats Thru 140 games

Reds Stats Thru 140 games

Reds go 6-4 over last ten games. Reds now 84-56 with a .600 winning percentage. Only team in MLB with higher percentage is Washington Nats. Reds RS/RA is +83. Nats +134, Cards +93 and Braves +89 are higher in NL. Pittsburgh down to +5.

Reds now lead NL Central by 9.5 games over Cards and 11 over Pirates. NL Central lead increased by 3.5 games in this stretch. Cards 3-7 over last ten games, Pirates 4-6. Reds 44-27 at home, now 40-29 on the road after taking 5 of 6 in Arizona and Houston. Reds magic number is 14 with Reds/Cards combined 43 games to go.

Votto back. With September call ups, Ondrusek, Mesoraco, Redmond, and a number of minor leaguers joined ballclub. Currently, Cozart and Rolen out with injuries, although probably not long term.

Offense - Reds at .257/.319/.427/.746. This is the same as last time, except BA slightly higher. Reds are 7th in NL in hits with 1215, 13th in NL in singles, first in NL in doubles, 10th in NL in triples, third in NL in home runs. Reds 456 extra base hits is second most in NL. Average is 403. Reds with 41 walks, tenth most in league. Reds with 40 HBP, tied fo 7th-8th in NL.

Reds have only grounded into 89 double plays, third fewest in NL. Reds GB/FB ratio is .80, second most fly ball oriented in NL, league average ratio is .90.

Reds wOBA at .321 and wRC+ at 98 same as last time and, respectively, 5th and 4th in NL. Position player WAR now 25, up from 23.2 (not just offense, defense included). Reds team BABIP on offense is mid-pack .298. Reds ISO power is second in NL .170. Reds BB/K ratio is .38, sixth lowest in league. Reds with 79 stolen bases, tied third/fourth from bottom.

Votto back has reached base 9 time in 12 PAs. With 382 PAs, he has a 1.080 OPS, .348 BA, .474 OBP. Bruce very hot, now with 33 homers, second in NL, and 95 RBI. Now with .896 OPS overall, over last 30 days with 1.266 OPS. Bruce wOBA is now .373. Bruce WAR at 3, reflecting -5.3 fielding component and -2.7 base running component.

Over last thirty days, Heisey in 47 at bats with 1.055 OPS. During same period Frazier at .948 and Ludwick at .939 OPS. Same period, Cozart .623 and Stubbs .423 OPS. Stubbs benched recently for several games.

At home, Votto and Bruce well over 1.000 OPS and Ludwick .903. Stubbs .663 and Hanigan .635. Away, Votto .959, Frazier .927, Stubbs .577, Rolen .566 OPS. Against lefties OPS Ludwick .972, Votto .932, Frazier .921, Cozart .705, Rolen .610. Against righties OPS Votto 1.148, Bruce .950, Frazier .852, Cozart and Hanigan .680, Stubbs .585.

Pitching - Team ERA is 3.44 second in the NL and improved from 3.48 last time. Team ERA home is 3.60, 7th in NL. Away 3.26, best in NL. Against lefty hitters 3.31 fourth in NL. Against right 3.56, third in NL. Starters at 3.73 fourth in NL and improved from 3.78. Relievers first in NL, 2.74 improved from 2.79.

Reds team FIP is 3.74 fourth in NL. Reds xFIP 3.79 fourth in NL. Reds pitching WAR is second best in NL 18.3.

Last 30 days, Arroyo is 5-0 with a 2.40 ERA. Cueto 3-1 with a 2.57. Over that time, Latos 3.18, Bailey 4.23, Leake 5.72. Total innings pitched, Cueto 188.2, Arroyo 177, Latos 175.2, Bailey 174, Leake 160. Chapman and Marshall with 63 outings, Arredondo 58, Ondrusek 54. Broxton with 14 as a Red, 12.2 innings, 10 Ks, 2 BBs, 1.18 WHIP.

Fielding - Reds with 79 errors, third fewest in NL. .985 FPCT. UZR/150 is -.4, 8th best in NL. DER is 6th best at .696.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-09-2012 at 01:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Reds Stats Thru 140 games

It seems the only offensive category you didn't mention is where they rank in runs scored, which at the end of the day is likely the only one that really matters.

BTW, they rank 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It seems the only offensive category you didn't mention is where they rank in runs scored, which at the end of the day is likely the only one that really matters.

BTW, they rank 7th.
    With all the nice comments I have received about these threads, it was good of you to restore some balance. I don't include every stat in every report although RS-RA does include runs scored.

And the only stat that really matters is wins and losses IMO.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-09-2012 at 12:42 PM.

BTW, they rank 7th.
    Comments like this are why some people refrain from starting threads and commenting in general.

Kc, great job as usual my friend.

I always dig these stat snapshot threads, thanks.

This late in the season, with so many games played and such a large sample size, it's not always easy to discern very current trends. Overall numbers are only affected slightly by relatively few very recent games.

So it might be worth adding these very general stats for the month of September, including today's loss to Houston. It's only an 8 game sample. Reds team ERA is 3.27, fifth in NL. Reds team OPS is .660, twelfth in the NL.

Reds have scored the fewest runs in the NL in September, 21, although there is no uniformity in the number of games played this month.

Reds pitching numbers for September include a .99 WHIP and a .217 BAA. So the team continues to pitch well overall. Reds hitting line is .237/.297/.363/.660.

Reds currently on homestand that has started off 2-4 and are 3-5 in September. Offense has been the culprit according to these very general stats.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-09-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    With all the nice comments I have received about these threads, it was good of you to restore some balance. I don't include every stat in every report although RS-RA does include runs scored.

And the only stat that really matters is wins and losses IMO.
    I rteally didn't mean it it in a negative way. I was just looking for where we ranked in runs scored and didn't see it.

I rteally didn't mean it it in a negative way. I was just looking for where we ranked in runs scored and didn't see it.
    No problem.

I also think this is a good time to focus on the schedule involving the Reds and Cards. Maybe not the perfect thread for it, but I'm on a roll tonight.

Reds and Cards each have seven series left. Both have three home series and four road.

Reds have Pirates, Dodgers, and Brewers at home.
    Reds have Marlins, Cubs, Pirates, and Cards on the road.

Cards have Astros, Nats, and Reds at home.
    Cards have Padres, Dodgers (four games), Cubs and Astros on the road.

Go Reds. Need to score some more runs as we head down the last stretch. Despite Cueto today, the pitching has held up remarkably well this season, if you consider recent Reds seasons.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-09-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Turn Off Ads?