Turn Off Ads?

Thread: BIrthdays- 9/11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BIrthdays- 9/11

Sorry I'm late today...life gets in the way.

Reds:

Eduardo Perez (42)

Brad Lesley (53) -Anybody know what "The Animal" is up to these days?

Others:

Jacoby Ellsbury (28)

Ellis Burks (46) -A very underrated player IMHO...

Ellis Clary -Had a short playing career during WW2, then a long career as a scout, mostly for the Twins. One of baseball's great characters; fellow scout Spud Chandler said, "Ellis could make a dog laugh". My favorite story is that after he had a serious heart attack and was rushed to the E.R., he asked Chandler to go check the odometer on the ambulance so he could turn it in on his expense report. He's featured prominently in Kevin Kerrane's book Dollar Sign On The Muscle; if you haven't read it you should.
    Last edited by chicoruiz; 09-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Re: BIrthdays- 9/11

Brad Lesley as a TV star in Japan

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=326011858691

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Eddie Miksis played for the Reds briefly in 1958- and believe me, looking at his record, "briefly" is how you want Eddie Miksis playing for your team.

Ray Grimes was a Cub first baseman of the early 1920s; his twin brother Roy was also a big leaguer. Obscure as he is, Ray holds a record by driving in runs in 17 straight games.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?