Renteria
    Votto
    Bruce
    Alonso
    Stubbs
    Francisco
    Mesoraco
    Leake

This will be Francisco's 9th start at third since 9/1. Todd Frazier has made 2 starts there. I'd like to see Frazier get a couple starts at short. If he is going to be a utility guy then see if he can or can't handle the position.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs - Reds - Tuesday 9/13/2011

How did it evolve in baseball that batting a crappy, light-hitting batter in the two spot was a good idea? It just seems to me that you want to bat your better hitters as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    How did it evolve in baseball that batting a crappy, light-hitting batter in the two spot was a good idea? It just seems to me that you want to bat your better hitters as much as possible.
    Simple you want that veteran creaminess at the top of your order...

You gotta think Cairo will be on the team next year, and deservedly so really. We know Rolen will be back, and it's looking like Francisco is making a strong bid to be here. Could we still have room for Frazier too? I'd like to if possible.

His lack of PT at SS is telling on how management views his future there. At the same time it really couldn't hurt. I know he can play LF too so a backup out there is a possibility, but he'd have to get in line.

I guess the worst case scenario for him is to wait on Rolen's first trip to the DL next year.

Castro walks. Barney singles. Eek. Ramirez flies out and Pena strikes out. Big out. LaHair rockets to Stubbs as Leake wriggles out of danger.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-13-2011 at 07:20 PM.

His lack of PT at SS is telling on how management views his future there. At the same time it really couldn't hurt.
    Nobody is suggesting that Frazier should play short on a regular basis. I still think they should take a look at him there.

What has gotten into Brandon Phillips? Another bomb. Renteria doubles. Votto walks. Dempster shaky out of the box.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.

First and second with nobody gone and the runners don't budge. Bruce Ks. Alonso lines hard to left-center. Stubbs Ks. Yawn. 189.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What has gotten into Brandon Phillips? Another bomb. Renteria doubles. Votto walks. Dempster shaky out of the box.
    But Stubbs is still working on getting his numbers ---- sigh -- another K
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Sorry but this first inning is more proof why this team needs to get hitting over pitching. To only score 1 run is laughable when you have runners at 2nd and 1st with no outs and score NO ONE...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    But Stubbs is still working on getting his numbers ---- sigh -- another K
    The only number Stubbs is getting is 200 - as in Ks.

Leake, in self-preservation mode - snags a line drive for the second out. Soriano popped out. Soto stirs up a breeze.

What? Rolen wants to play five more years? Fay says Rolen does have a lot more range of motion. That is good news.

Juan Francisco grabs some bench. Dempsey must be settling down. Mesoraco pops out and Leake Ks.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-13-2011 at 07:48 PM.

rolen can split time with dan driessen at third

Turn Off Ads?