Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your smartphone?

Re: What is your smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
    Looks like I'm the only one with a Blackberry.
    BlackBerry here! My first BlackBerry was AWFUL but it got replaced for free with insurance. The one I have now is about two years old, I think, and fine. I'm not really so good with the phones and I am definitely awful with touch screens. The BlackBerry is a corporate holdover and still, i think, probably the easiest thing to use for e-mail and almost nothing else. I pretty much only use it for e-mail (and phone and texting), so it's fine for me.

I don't even know if they make BlackBerrys without touch screens anymore. If not I don't know what I'll do when this one goes. I still mourn the loss of my LG, the greatest little phone ever made. Did everything right, good size and weight, and lasted forever until the charger spikes got knocked out of line.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Droid X

Have had a Blackberry for the past 3 years and now debating either the new BB Bold or the iPhone 5. I use it mostly for emails so not sure if I'll like the iPhone touchpad.
    Go BLUE!!!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Have had a Blackberry for the past 3 years and now debating either the new BB Bold or the iPhone 5. I use it mostly for emails so not sure if I'll like the iPhone touchpad.
    It takes about 2-3 weeks to get used to, but I feel like I type just as fast on the touch-keyboard now as I used to on the physical keyboard with my Treo. The only thing I miss is the ability to type without looking at my fingers. It's nearly impossible to touch-type on the iPhone.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It takes about 2-3 weeks to get used to, but I feel like I type just as fast on the touch-keyboard now as I used to on the physical keyboard with my Treo. The only thing I miss is the ability to type without looking at my fingers. It's nearly impossible to touch-type on the iPhone.
    I hate typing on an iProduct, except the iPad isn't bad because the buttons are so big. On a smaller screen Swype is a godsend. Couldn't live without it. Well, I guess I COULD, but I don't want to.

I've got the HTC Thunderbolt. I upgraded from an Blackberry Storm II and the difference is amazing. I love the speed and customization of the Android OS. I'd say the only disappointment on the Thunderbolt was the battery life, with normal use I can barely get back home at the end of the day with a charge left in it. I'm going to get the extended battery for it and see if that helps out any.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Still with my original Droid, but have my every 2 year upgrade coming up in a couple of months. Can't decide on whether to stay with an Android phone or switch to an iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Touch screens are also supposed to be bad for your wrists and hands. But non-touch screens are bad for your thumbs, so what are you gonna do.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I'm waiting for the phones that can actually do what you tell them, not "Call mom" turning into "call Bob".
    Go Gators!

Blackberry Curve. My first smart phone. Battery sucks but it's a nice enough phone

SPRINT EVO pretty nice phone except for the battery life

Retired

Droid X.

It's ok, the Gingerbread release from Moto sucked, there was all kinds of keyboard and freezing issues that just got fixed via update.

I have an upgrading waiting, will see what the iPhone 5 looks like and might end up with that, even though I swore I would never use an Apple product.

It's looking like the IPhone 5 will be an exclusive for Sprint to 2015. Sprint is making a big gamble.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprint...5-exclusively/
    Last edited by RBA; 10-03-2011 at 04:22 PM.

The Samsing Galaxy Note is coming to the U.S., probably to AT&T
    http://phandroid.com/2011/09/30/sams...north-america/

This will be the phone that replaces my Dell Streak. 5.3 inch screen 1.4 ghz dual processors.

drool.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Team BlackBerry!!!

Turn Off Ads?