Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your smartphone?

-The Insider-

Re: What is your smartphone?

I have a iPhone 4. I want to get the 4S because of Siri and the better camera, but I am just going to wait for the iPhone 5.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I have a iPhone 4. I want to get the 4S because of Siri and the better camera, but I am just going to wait for the iPhone 5.
    Same here. I like the improvements, but not enough to pay extra. The 5 will likely come out after I'm upgrade-eligible.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Same here. I like the improvements, but not enough to pay extra. The 5 will likely come out after I'm upgrade-eligible.
    Samesies.

I think I will keep my HTC EVO. The Iphone 4S is better, but not that much better. I am glad I am not one of those Apple snobs you looks down on anything not Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I am glad I am not one of those Apple snobs you looks down on anything not Apple.

Pardon me.... could you pass the Grey Poupon?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Found this interesting:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/12/a...f-androids-ui/
    A little peek at what Android would have looked like had it not been for Eric Schmidt sitting on Apple's board of directors and getting an up-close look at the then-iPhoneOS.

Read somewhere that Steve Jobs thought Android was a "stolen idea" and that he'd made it his single mission to "destroy Android."

Yet everything new of consequence in the new iOS was stolen from Android. I guess he gave up.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Read somewhere that Steve Jobs thought Android was a "stolen idea" and that he'd made it his single mission to "destroy Android."

Yet everything new of consequence in the new iOS was stolen from Android. I guess he gave up.
    If you're talking about the new notification system, they stole that from the Apple jailbreak community -- specifically Notification Bar and LockInfo.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Google maps is way better on Android than it is on the iphone. Only complaint I have so far.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Is the iphone 4s worth the extra $100 over the 4? I could care less about Siri, but is the camera and speed that much better? My wife and I are going to get iphones soon. Neither of us have had an iphone before.

Thanks!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Is the iphone 4s worth the extra $100 over the 4? I could care less about Siri, but is the camera and speed that much better? My wife and I are going to get iphones soon. Neither of us have had an iphone before.

Thanks!
    I would say it is worth it. It is faster and the camera is better (although the camera on the 4 is good too). You care less about Siri now, but just wait until you have her

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I would say it is worth it. It is faster and the camera is better (although the camera on the 4 is good too). You care less about Siri now, but just wait until you have her

Thanks!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Yeah you should care about Siri, she cares about you.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I ordered Siri yesterday over the phone from some guy in India. I'm wondering if a phone or a woman will arrive at my doorstep next week.

BlackBerry. I first bought one two years ago and haven't looked back since. I've owned iPhones, Windows Mobile phones, and several of the top Android phones, but not one could come close to my BlackBerry experience. I do currently use an Android handset as well, but very, very rarely.

I now have the Bold 9900 on AT&T. It's by far the fastest phone I've used and has true multi-tasking and the fastest web browser on the market. Also, the keyboard is, of course, incredible.
    Pathei mathos...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

For the iPhone users:

Go grab iTether ($14.99) off the App Store before Apple pulls it. It enables internet tethering (using your phone's 3G internet signal) on your iPhone via USB without the added plan charges AT&T requires or the need to dump your unlimited internet plan (if you've been grandfathered in on prior capless plans).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?