Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Votto's 2011

Votto's 2011

He leads the NL in OPS once again. He handily leads the NL in walks and OBP, while still slugging enough to surpass the lauded Prince Fielder. In fact, Votto's season surpasses Fielder's in every conceivable manner except in home runs and RBIs. He also leads all NL first basemen in UZR and is tied for the lead in steals. And if you're looking for durability, he has the most plate appearances under his belt of any NL first baseman. If the Reds had won the division, he'd likely be the MVP once again.

Has there ever been a more dominant Reds batter since the days of the BRM? Barry Larkin will have sustained it for longer assuming Votto bolts after 2013, but Votto is doing it in one of the most dominant eras for pitching in recent memory, and has the chance to win many more after having just turned 28.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto's 2011

he is amazing and he also does it with no help in the line up

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Yeah, it's not like Votto is batting in the Phillies, Brewers, Yankees, or Red Sox lineups. He has no protection.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    he is amazing and he also does it with no help in the line up
    I've had to keep reminding myself of that. I held him to a higher standard this season, and he didn't quite reach it, but when you factor the lack of support in the 4/5 holes and his high BB total, the numbers make more sense.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I think we should trade him! lol jk

The Reds MUST find a way to keep Votto and Phillips, if they don't I'm done with baseball, period.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    The Reds MUST find a way to keep Votto and Phillips, if they don't I'm done with baseball, period.
    Well then I guess you are done with baseball....

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I think we should trade him! lol jk
    I would trade Votto tomorrow for the right offer. Say the M's would offer King Felix for Votto straight up...good bye Mr. Votto...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I would trade Votto tomorrow for the right offer. Say the M's would offer King Felix for Votto straight up...good bye Mr. Votto...
    Glad you aren't in charge. I'm with you Will, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. I don't feel as much that way with Phillips even though I think they should keep him, but if Votto leaves i'm just going to start following a legit team that seriously tries to get better. If you finally get a player like Votto and can't keep him, whats the point? No salary caps has baseball so screwed up that its pointless to root for a team like the Reds, it would be like being a Miami of Ohio fan in college football or something, expecting them to have a shot at the national championship.

Glad you aren't in charge. I'm with you Will, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. I don't feel as much that way with Phillips even though I think they should keep him, but if Votto leaves i'm just going to start following a legit team that seriously tries to get better. If you finally get a player like Votto and can't keep him, whats the point? No salary caps has baseball so screwed up that its pointless to root for a team like the Reds, it would be like being a Miami of Ohio fan in college football or something, expecting them to have a shot at the national championship.
    So you don't make that trade? OMG why not? You bring an ACE onto your staff to pair with Cueto and Leake, you put Yonder at first and you win the division. Otherwise you see Votto walk at the end of his deal with the best you get might be some draft picks? Yea that is smart baseball.

So you don't make that trade? OMG why not? You bring an ACE onto your staff to pair with Cueto and Leake, you put Yonder at first and you win the division. Otherwise you see Votto walk at the end of his deal with the best you get might be some draft picks? Yea that is smart baseball.
    Please do everyone on the board a favor and take your ADHD medicine daily.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Please do everyone on the board a favor and take your ADHD medicine daily.
    Huh? Please explain to me why you would not make that deal? Votto is gone at the end of his present deal, anyone who thinks he will sign a LTD is kidding themselves, there are to many teams out there that can offer significantly more then the Reds will be able to and Votto, like most MLB players has no "ties" to cincy. So, with that being known, if you can add an ACE, you wouldn't? Please someone else needs to be taking their meds...

For one thing, starting pitchers are generally much more year to year than hitters are. Also, a guy like Votto anchors your batting order every day, not once every 5th day. Another thing is some people are already attached to Votto, and actually become a real fan of a player when they come through, at least thats the way I feel. If Yonder is an equal replacement for Votto, then they should just trade him for Felix Hernandez and just keep Votto. It baffles me how everyone thinks Votto should be traded because he has a very high value, there is a reason he has a very high value!! He's also valuable to the Reds! I'll bet people would be shocked at how pathetic this offense would be if Votto was out of it, he's the best hitter in baseball (imo) in a very terrible lineup, imagine if he actually had some protection, or how bad the players around him would be if he wasn't on base at an ungodly obp clip.

For one thing, starting pitchers are generally much more year to year than hitters are. Also, a guy like Votto anchors your batting order every day, not once every 5th day. Another thing is some people are already attached to Votto, and actually become a real fan of a player when they come through, at least thats the way I feel. If Yonder is an equal replacement for Votto, then they should just trade him for Felix Hernandez and just keep Votto. It baffles me how everyone thinks Votto should be traded because he has a very high value, there is a reason he has a very high value!! He's also valuable to the Reds! I'll bet people would be shocked at how pathetic this offense would be if Votto was out of it, he's the best hitter in baseball (imo) in a very terrible lineup, imagine if he actually had some protection, or how bad the players around him would be if he wasn't on base at an ungodly obp clip.
    ^^^This times 100 billion ^^^

Problem is he won't be here once his contract expires, so you are okay with losing him and at best only getting draft picks in return?

Turn Off Ads?