Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If you could fill 2 needs by trade this offseason, what would they be?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If you could fill 2 needs by trade this offseason, what would they be?

Mine would be:

1. Middle of the order right handed power/average bat.

2. A #1 or #2 type starter.

I think they'd have to trade Stubbs, Alonso, and one or two of the young pitchers to get this done. Maybe even Grandal. And Stubbs, Alonso, and Grandal are all former #1 picks, so that should count for something.

My triple A prospects/major league young player untouchables are Mez and Francisco. I think Juan is ready to take flight and Rolen has one year left on his contract.

The problem is going to be getting Dusty to platoon Francisco/Rolen at 3B.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you could fill 2 needs by trade this offseason, what would they be?

My triple A prospects/major league young player untouchables are Mez and Francisco. I think Juan is ready to take flight and Rolen has one year left on his contract.
    The problem is going to be getting Dusty to platoon Francisco/Rolen at 3B.
    I was listening to Fay on the radio in the second inning and I swear he said that Rolen indicated he was feeling so good after that surgery that he is thinking about playing FIVE MORE YEARS. He said he has more range of motion than he has in years
    Maybe I heard wrong. But I don't think I did.

A first-half 2010 Rolen would be huge. Righthanded power/average bat with great defense as a bonus. I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-14-2011 at 12:07 PM.

To answer the question though, the best two starting pitchers I could get ahold of -
    Greinke and Marcum style.

To paraphrase an old golfing axiom - Hit for show, pitch for dough.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-14-2011 at 12:08 PM.

I call the Dodgers and ask them what would it take to get Kemp. I would tell them everyone on the Reds Roster/organization is available except Cueto/Leake/Votto/Devin and go from there for a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I call the Dodgers and ask them what would it take to get Kemp. I would tell them everyone on the Reds Roster/organization is available except Cueto/Leake/Votto/Devin and go from there for a deal.
    He's not worth that much. Technically, his contract expires after this year, he's up for arbitration before free agency in 2013. After this year, he's likely to get a lot more expensive, and the Dodgers don't figure to be major contenders next year either. I bet they'd take Alonso straight-up for him.

I make that offer for Stanton of the Marlins. I'd be willing to part with Mez if we could get Stanton. Cueto, Leake, Votto would be my untouchables. Alot of people would cry giving up Bruce though. Ideally, Stubbs, Alonso, Bailey or Volquez and possibly a lower prospect or two for Stanton would fit the bill. Stubbs, Alonso and Bailey are former #1 picks.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    He's not worth that much. Technically, his contract expires after this year, he's up for arbitration before free agency in 2013. After this year, he's likely to get a lot more expensive, and the Dodgers don't figure to be major contenders next year either. I bet they'd take Alonso straight-up for him.
    I believe Kemp is arbitration eligible after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I believe Kemp is arbitration eligible after this season.
    That's what I meant, my bad.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Same. But the no-touch list only features Votto & Mesoraco.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?