Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 schedule released

2012 schedule released

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...r-breakingnews

Opening Day is April 6 vs. the Marlins. That's a Friday, and there is no off day scheduled the day after, unlike recent years. Interleague has Tigers and Twins coming to town, Reds play at the Yankees, and the normal home-and-home with Cleveland. Season ends Wednesday, Oct. 3 in St. Louis.
    Last edited by Danny Serafini; 09-14-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Wrong month for last game

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: 2012 schedule released

Miami in mid-September. Pennant race hopefully.
    That is the height of the hurricane season around here, so retractable roof and all, it could be a problem.

I'll be there, but I guess if I want to see some games, I'm going to have to get my butt up to Cincy next year.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...r-breakingnews

Season ends Wednesday, Sept. 3 in St. Louis.
    I know you meant Oct 3. Tough place to end the season.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

The Indians visit Cincinnati for a mid-week series next year - that's a first. And the late May trip to new Yankee Stadium looks like a shoe-in for away series next year!

Interesting they pushed the season back a week next year. This year we started in late March and end in late September. Now they start a week later. I thought they were pushing the season up to get the postseason done earlier.

Another note opening day April 6th is also Good Friday next year.

The Yankee series is preceded by a two game set with the Mets at Citi field. Five straight games in New York in may.

The long tradition of children skipping school for Opening Day will take a hit since April 6 is, as Reds Fanatic pointed out, Good Friday.

Haunted by walks

It's a far cry fron when Cincinnati traditionally ushered in the season. Now it's not even the opening series.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It's a far cry fron when Cincinnati traditionally ushered in the season. Now it's not even the opening series.
    You got me curious with this statement. Wow. If I were a Marlins fan, I'd be kinda upset. Their schedule is REALLY screwy.

They play the cards at home on Weds to open the season. Then they're off thursday, play a 3 game set in Cincy, followed by a 3 game set in Philly that's split up in the middle of it with a day off. Monday, Weds & Thurs. That's just weird.

Luckily there are no Marlins fans....

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Luckily there are no Marlins fans....
    Now, come on. There's the players' wives...ummm...a few relatives...team employees maybe.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Bummed they're not playing up at Target Field in MN this year. I was hoping to make a trip up there next summer. I love the Minn.-St. Paul area and really wanted to see our guys play there. Oh well.

I may actually be able to get to Opening Day this year without missing much work. We always have a half day off on Good Friday so I only have to take off a half day off to head downtown for all the festivities. Now all I need to do is get some daggone tickets this year!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Why in the world are they playing the Yankees again when they played them this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You got me curious with this statement. Wow. If I were a Marlins fan, I'd be kinda upset. Their schedule is REALLY screwy.

They play the cards at home on Weds to open the season. Then they're off thursday, play a 3 game set in Cincy, followed by a 3 game set in Philly that's split up in the middle of it with a day off. Monday, Weds & Thurs. That's just weird.
    I'm guessing it's a reward, letting them open the season at home and it was the only way to shoe horn it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

So they scrapped the week early idea after one year?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?