Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cueto pulled from game.

Cueto pulled from game.

Johnny Cueto just got pulled from the game with a gimpy shoulder. No word on the seriousness at this time, of course.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto pulled from game.

Cueto left with strained right lat.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

They say he may have to have TJ surgery on his shoulder and be out a year and a half.

Just kidding.

Interesting article on pulled lat muscles and pitchers. http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...don&id=6741647 Looks as if Cueto could well be out for the rest of the season. Generally, not a long-term injury.

Good thing they left him in after he initially felt discomfort. Ya know because this game really mattered. But he's got to get his numbers. Dusty and staff are beyond dumb. If I was Walt I would be slamming Dusty's head into his box of toothpicks.

Walt: "Dusty, you're fired."
    Dusty: "Why, dude? The team is coming along big time. We're coming"
    Walt: "Because you are stupid. Very, very stupid."
    Dusty: "I've heard that before Walt. But I was just about to start dealing. Big time."

I think the first time Cueto convinced Brian Price he could stay in. After one more pitch Dusty was out to pull him.

but what about his numbers, after all he was huge and dealing big time tonite

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I think the first time Cueto convinced Brian Price he could stay in. After one more pitch Dusty was out to pull him.
    Just going by what Marty and Jim said on the radio. But they reported Cueto was grimacing on his practices tosses and Price didn't look all that convinced he was okay. Luckily, they didn't leave him in but for one more batter, right? I guess you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Just going by what Marty and Jim said on the radio. But they reported Cueto was grimacing on his practices tosses and Price didn't look all that convinced he was okay. Luckily, they didn't leave him in but for one more batter, right? I guess you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt.
    Yeah he didn't look right in those practice tosses. He was probably saying he could go, but a pitching coach and manager need to read it better than that. I'm just glad Dusty pulled him after that one pitch and hope it isn't anything too serious.

Yeah one extra pitch might have been a touch, a touch too much. Always willing to try work in an AC/DC reference.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-15-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Smart move is just to tell Johnny C., thanks for a wonderful season but you are done..

Good opportunity to see what Carlos Fisher can bring as a starter filling in for Cueto.

Heaven forbid Travis Wood gets a start or two. That being said an ERA title is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Smart move is just to tell Johnny C., thanks for a wonderful season but you are done..
    If Bob Hope were alive, we coulda had him come out of the dugout, when they pulled Cueto, singing "Thanks for the Memories".

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    ZZ Top - You didn't have to come out when you did. But you did. But you did. And I thank you.

Turn Off Ads?