Drew Stubbs 8
    Joey Votto 3
    Yonder Alonso 7
    Chris Heisey 9
    Todd Frazier 5
    Ryan Hanigan 2
    Paul Janish 6
    Homer Bailey 1
    I have come to the sad realization that Dusty is bound and determined to put a crappy hitter in the two-hole. That's the way they did it when Dusty was a player, and he is pretty much stuck in a time warp. However, back then they at least put a crappy hitter in there that could handle the bat a little. Could make contact. Could take some pitches while the leadoff man
    measured the pitcher and attempted a stolen base. Could hit to the right side. You could work the hit-and-run with. Sadly enough, Stubbs is lacking in all of these rudimentary skills. If he takes some pitches he will likely find himself in an 0-2 deathtrap. If he is asked to hit-and-run the end result is probably Brandon dusting himself off and jogging back to the dugout on a caught stealing. We are stuck with the toothpicked tactician this year, and likely next year as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

What is wrong with Stubbs hitting second?

Homer is throwing batting practice out there.

well, his name is "Homer"...
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

And with two outs....Really sad how someone with so much talent just cant be consistant at all.

Lets go Yonder

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    What is wrong with Stubbs hitting second?
    Oh, just about everything. I am sorry you can't see the reasons.

Reds have been coming up with the clutch strike out all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Oh, just about everything. I am sorry you can't see the reasons.
    No I see a kid who when he puts the bat on teh ball has a very good chance of getting on base...wow just like he did here in the first inning. Yes he strikes out alot, I have faith that has he improves he will cut down on those. Who would you have hitting second tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No I see a kid who when he puts the bat on teh ball has a very good chance of getting on base...wow just like he did here in the first inning. Yes he strikes out alot, I have faith that has he improves he will cut down on those. Who would you have hitting second tonight?
    His OPS is under .700. His OBP is barely over .300. Yeah, you want your crappy hitters to get up as much as possible. You and Dusty. Peas in a pod. He's fast so he has to bat at the top of the lineup. Whatever. The main problem is he doesn't put the bat on the ball very often. All those strikeouts should be a clue.

Well so much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    His OPS is under .700. His OBP is barely over .300. Yeah, you want your crappy hitters to get up as much as possible. You and Dusty. Peas in a pod. He's fast so he has to bat at the top of the lineup. Whatever.
    I see a kid struggling in his second full season, something many players do in their second season, I have faith he will improve and why not get him as many at bats as possible to work on things, it's not like this game means anything.

Back-to-back clutch Ks.

Okay so who should be batting second?

Wells must have a good changeup tonight. He made Heisey and Alonso look silly with it.

Turn Off Ads?