Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

Re: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    They just about buried Frazier. I guess we know where he stands in the eyes of Reds mismanagement.
    Juan F. was always ahead of Frazier on the depth chart. It's only because Juan was hurt on and off this season that Frazier was up with the club and not Juan. Nothing shocking there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    we have seen enough of stubbs I would like to see Heisey get all the plate appearances that stubbs gets
    2 seasons is enough to tell what a player can do? OMG

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    2 seasons is enough to tell what a player can do? OMG
    It seems to be enough in the case of Francisco. LOL.

It seems to be enough in the case of Francisco. LOL.
    How is that? The kid has been hurt for a decent portion of this season, now he is healthy he is getting playing time.

you like all the strike outs by stubbs, really good for a lead off hitter

you like all the strike outs by stubbs, really good for a lead off hitter
    Stubbs isn't a leadoff hitter yet. I think with work with the right person in the offseason he can reduce his K's next year by around maybe 50 or so and continue to improve. Sorry but I am not going to trash the young kid after 2 seasons, not smart baseball, especially when you have a limited budget.

Stubbs isn't a leadoff hitter yet. I think with work with the right person in the offseason he can reduce his K's next year by around maybe 50 or so and continue to improve. Sorry but I am not going to trash the young kid after 2 seasons, not smart baseball, especially when you have a limited budget.
    Let him work on it down at the bottom of the order.

why does he merit the long look and not heisey, essentially he has played his way out of the position, heisey has more hrs and rbis in 300 less plate appearances!!!

Continue to improve? He's going backwards. That's the whole point. He is not improving. So how does he continue to improve?

Let him work on it down at the bottom of the order.
    If these games ment something I would agree, but they don't so why not get him as many AB's in a game as possible. What does it matter if we win or lose tonight?

Heisey has outplayed Stubbs this year. But Dusty loves him some speed at the top of the lineup. Heisey has never been given a chance. Never.

these internet discussions are a farce, can this stubbs loyalist answer how a guy with 300 less plate appearances has more homers and rbis's!!!!!!

Continue to improve? He's going backwards. That's the whole point. He is not improving. So how does he continue to improve?
    How many players in their second year don't show some regression? More show regression in thier second year then show progression. Yet you are ready to toss aside the kid who has some really incredible talent. Glad you are not running the Reds.

If these games ment something I would agree, but they don't so why not get him as many AB's in a game as possible. What does it matter if we win or lose tonight?
    They meant something for a long time this season and Dusty still batted him leadoff.

these internet discussions are a farce, can this stubbs loyalist answer how a guy with 300 less plate appearances has more homers and rbis's!!!!!!
    Because he is having a better season? How did Mr. Heisey stack up against Stubbs' numbers last season?

Turn Off Ads?