Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

Re: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I see a kid struggling in his second full season, something many players do in their second season, I have faith he will improve and why not get him as many at bats as possible to work on things, it's not like this game means anything.
    I see a player who is going to tease with his potential his entire career. He is making absolutely no progress. You hit him at second. Your teams will lose alot. Just like Dusty's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I was manager Jay Bruce. Maybe Ryan Hanigan. Someone who would get on base for Joey Votto. That will never happen with Drew Stubbs.

Getting on base is 10 times more important than being fast. 100 times. 1,000 times. Infinity times.

I think Cozart is suited well for the 2 hole.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I see a player who is going to tease with his potential his entire career. He is making absolutely no progress. You hit him at second. Your teams will lose alot. Just like Dusty's.
    I guess we see different things from Stubbs in teh future, you see someone who has maxed out his potential, I see someone who with the right coaching can become a very talented and producing CF for the Reds for the next 5-7 years...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I guess we see different things from Stubbs in teh future, you see someone who has maxed out his potential, I see someone who with the right coaching can become a very talented and producing CF for the Reds for the next 5-7 years...
    Right coaching? He is on the wrong team then.

and what kind of "right coaching" is available with this mensa brain trust the reds have assembled

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    and what kind of "right coaching" is available with this mensa brain trust the reds have assembled
    Exactly. Did Dunn get any better? Did Encarnacion? Did Kearns? Did Bruce? Did anyd*mnbody?

on this team if you do well like francisco yesterday, you get benched the next day, only if you perform like stubbs do you play every day

They just about buried Frazier. I guess we know where he stands in the eyes of Reds mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Exactly. Did Dunn get any better? Did Encarnacion? Did Kearns? Did Bruce? Did anyd*mnbody?
    Yes Dunn got better
    Encarnacion was never that good
    Kearns got hurt and that hampered his progress
    Yes Bruce is getting better

Are you saying Votto hasn't gotten better?
    What about Hanigan or Phillips or Heisey and such?

Am I a fan of the Reds major league coaching staff...not really but I am fan of some of their minor league instructors whom players like Stubbs will work with this offseason.

why the heck didnt he work last offseason

I wish Marty would just call the freaking ballgame so we would know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    why the heck didnt he work last offseason
    Stop making sense.

we have seen enough of stubbs I would like to see Heisey get all the plate appearances that stubbs gets

Turn Off Ads?