Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

Re: Cubs vs. Reds - Thursday 9/15/2011

who has more homers heisey or stubbs
    who has more rbis heisey or stubbs
    who has more strike outs heisey or stubbs

is it possible for you to answer those questions with out resorting to some baseball cliche they are merely yes and no questions

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Because he is having a better season? How did Mr. Heisey stack up against Stubbs' numbers last season?
    Essentially the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    who has more homers heisey or stubbs
    who has more rbis heisey or stubbs
    who has more strike outs heisey or stubbs

is it possible for you to answer those questions with out resorting to some baseball cliche they are merely yes and no questions
    that would be Heisey, Heisey and Stubbs...what is your point? You think Hesiey is a better overall talent then Stubbs? I don't, I see far more upside long term of Stubbs over Heisey, and right now we don't know because it's to early on both, so why not play both and see what happens. Put Stubbs in CF and Heisey in LF and lets see over an entire season or two what happens. Lets not go off such a small sample size please.....

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Essentially the same.
    really?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    really?
    Stubbs .773 OPS Heisey .757 OPS. I would say that is pretty much the same. No big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Heisey has outplayed Stubbs this year. But Dusty loves him some speed at the top of the lineup. Heisey has never been given a chance. Never.
    No question, I agree, I would have put Hesiey in LF from opening day and Stubbs in CF and allowed them both to mature and grow.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Career: Stubbs .734. Heisey .782. Heisey posted better numbers in the minors while they where coming up. But Stubbs has potential. Okay. I would rather see someone in there that is actually producing. Because players who are still trying to realize their potential at age 26 generally never do.

the reason they waste time with stubbs is becausse he was a top draft pick and this moron organization cant admit it makes its usual mistakes

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nux fan View Post
    the reason they waste time with stubbs is becausse he was a top draft pick and this moron organization cant admit it makes its usual mistakes
    Amen.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Bailey battled back. That was encouraging.

If you want to know why this team has struggled so much against right handed pitching, start with Stubbs. He has an obp under .300 against right handers. in this ballpark!

Maybe he should be platooned. Play Heisy in center against right handers. WE can't have another year like this.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Stubbs numbers versus RHP: .298/.341/.629.
    Heisey hits RHP well.

Let's see now. If I was Dusty Baker what would I do? Oh yeah, keep running Stubbs out there. LOL.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Stubbs Ks. Yawn. Too many to count.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

80% of Stubbs PA this year are against RHP. Against RHP his OBP is under .300. What's a manager to do? Top of the lineup. He is really, really fast.

Wow just checked back and saw BP hit another. Not that he doesn't always play hard, but it appears he's kicked it into 'give me a new contract' mode.

Turn Off Ads?