Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Stereotypes: Pickup Basketball

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Stereotypes: Pickup Basketball

Which player are you?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Likes:

dougdirt (08-22-2013),Razor Shines (08-22-2013),RiverRat13 (08-22-2013),VottoFan54 (08-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Stereotypes: Pickup Basketball

I played every day at the park for years.... I have specific people in mind for every last one of them.

I am not sure I am any of those guys. I am the "5' 9" white guy who doesn't get picked until people I have played with are there" guy. My best friend is absolutely the "tall guy who only shoots threes" guy though. While he isn't really tall, he is 6' 4" and can dunk. He tries to play the same game that I play. A guy I used to be really good friends with was absolutely "accessories guy". Headband, wrist bands, arm warmer thingy.

I suck at basketball. Well actually im really good at horse. But when it comes to basketball and guys playing D on you. Not so much. But I went to high school with a guy who wore about 6 arm bands, a leg band and a head band. Yes the term I would use would be ******. Needless to say he got cut and all his bands didnt improve his game. I know, I was just as surprised as you.

I didn't see myself and where is "Don't Leave that Guy" guy? If I go to a place I've played before as soon as I walk on the court there is at least one dude on the other team saying to whoever is guarding me "You can't leave him. No, seriously don't leave him..at all." It's very annoying, why not let him find out for himself? Now I've got "Football Guy" draped on me for the length of the court trying to figure out what flavor of gum I am. And on my team "My Bad" is my badding us to being down by 6 in a 12pt game and I'm turning into "Rager" until "Football Guy" turns his head for a second and I become "The Punisher" because if you leave me for a second I will punish you.

I guess I'm "Full of Himself Because he's good at Pickup Basketball" guy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-22-2013),dougdirt (08-22-2013)

Where is the "sweats way to much& guards entirely too close" guy? He always checks me.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

9. Likes:

dougdirt (08-22-2013)

I agree on the "Way too sweaty guy". I have a friend for whom we bring extra shirts and an egg timer. When it goes off, he has to change. He is a walking swamp.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I'm "No you guys go ahead and play, I'm going to have a beer" guy. Basketball was never my sport. Soccer and baseball please.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coM5JaeHTK0

This is from 2007. Cincinnati comedian Josh Sneed stars in it.

The best line I ever heard at a pick up game, "You're taking away from my points." Just classic.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

14. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The best line I ever heard at a pick up game, "You're taking away from my points." Just classic.
    The best line I've used on a court I stole from Nate on this board. I was at a church that I'd never played at before and another new guy really wanted to play shirts and skins, he was told the church preferred we not play shirts and skins but for some reason this dude kept making it an issue. So when there was a quiet moment I suggested to the 15 or so strangers standing around half court "Well, if we can't play shirts and skins will they let us play shorts and skins?"

I got a couple laughs and a lot of stares. I don't know if Nate came up with that line or if he heard if from somewhere else, but I've used it a few times and it always makes me laugh.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?