Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Have you ever seen a team beg to be beaten as badly as Vandy begged today?

What was up with having Stacy try to throw the ball in the 4th quarter on 4th and short?

Franklin ain't the guy to get your guys over the hump.
    And yet, all those 4-5 star recruits...

But anyway... Franklin is the guy but he needs to realize they're actually good enough to beat teams like Auburn, Mizzou, etc. without all the crazy play calls. Lots and lots and lots of true frosh on the field today for Vandy.

Also, I didn't hate the Stacy pass call nearly as much as I hated the fake punt call.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

But anyway... Franklin is the guy but he needs to realize they're actually good enough to beat teams like Auburn, Mizzou, etc. without all the crazy play calls. Lots and lots and lots of true frosh on the field today for Vandy.

Also, I didn't hate the Stacy pass call nearly as much as I hated the fake punt call.
    I forgot about that punt call. I agree Franklin needs to get out of his players way.

The recruits will be there for Chizik's replacement.
    Last edited by jojo; 10-20-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Spurrier with the quick hook on the QB just like the old days. Bad idea in the long run. If you dont believe in the QB, his teammates aren't going to believe in him.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Tuesday may be an interesting day for SEC news.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'm not sure I understand the sentiment that Tennessee is not Auburn.

All-time winning percentage:

Tennessee .687, 6 titles, 13 SEC Championships
    Auburn .632, 2 titles, 7 SEC Championships

Seems more appropriate to say history suggests it's more likely Tennessee has a better outlook on the future than the other way around. Tennessee has had an overwhelmingly better history.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

At least South Carolina... Uhhhh... Nevermind.

But anyway... Franklin is the guy but he needs to realize they're actually good enough to beat teams like Auburn.
    May be good enough to beat the 2012 Auburn football team, but not Auburn in general. Auburn will beat Vandy most of the time.

One more run drive by Alabama and its game over. Tennessee looks undersized everywhere on defense.

In the modern era (i.e. the last 30 years marked by Bear Bryant's final season) Auburn has a winning percentage of .711 (ranked 9th in Div 1 football). They are 15th overall if looking all the way back to pioneer times.

Looking at losing seasons for Auburn around this period demonstrates the argument:

In 1981, the Tigers were 5-6. They won the SEC championship in 1983 going 11-2.

They were 5-6 in 1991 and were 11-0 by 1993.

They were 3-8 in 1998 and played in the SEC championship game by 2000 finishing 9-4 having finished the season with two losses.

The Tigers were 5-7 in 2008 and were SEC and National Champions by 2010 finishing 14-0

They will likely finish with a losing record this season but Chizik's successor will inherit a roster loaded with young, high caliber talent built from four top ten recruiting classes in a row and he'll work in an athletic department that spares no expense concerning it's football program (his coaching staff will be the best money can buy), that also has a tradition of strong recruiting. There is no reason to believe that Auburn will not be challenging for the SEC championship again very shortly.

Tennessee, while also a traditional power, is mired in a half decade of struggle with no real reason to think a dramatic change is eminent. They are facing the possibility of having their fourth coach in 6 years and their department is also dealing with financial issues which could hamper their ability to bring "the guy" and his optimal staff.

So really context is pretty important. As stocks go, i'd be all over Auburn's.

Gone are the days that Bama plays conservative.

That 4th and 1 call is why Dooley has no business being a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Spurrier with the quick hook on the QB just like the old days. Bad idea in the long run. If you dont believe in the QB, his teammates aren't going to believe in him.
    Spurrier has a mess on his hands, when his team can't run they crumble, I think he's taken USCe as far as he can, he's also pulling a bowden by keeping his son on staff when the position he coaches is a huge problem.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 10-21-2012 at 05:37 AM.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    May be good enough to beat the 2012 Auburn football team, but not Auburn in general. Auburn will beat Vandy most of the time.

Vanderbilt has an all time winning record against one SEC school. And it ain't Tennessee.

Vanderbilt has an all time winning record against one SEC school. And it ain't Tennessee.
    What team is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    What team is it?
    Auburn

Turn Off Ads?