Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If he bails out now he is a genius, Mizzo is going to be Kentucky2 in the east.
    Mizzo AD and boosters think they have to go to a power running game in order to compete in the SEC. Some Arkansas boosters think this is needed in Fayette ville.

Missouri probably would have been better off waiting a year for the Big 10.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

I was telling a friend at work today that I cant ever remember a team being ranked # 3 in the country , Georgia, and yet given basically no shot at beating the number 2 Bama. Which I dont think it will be very close either.
    Which someone was stating the other day how the SEC scheduled better and some of these teams lost early and moved up whereas Oregon and KSU lost late and slipped.
    Last edited by jmac; 11-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.

NL Central champs
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I was telling a friend at work today that I cant ever remember a team being ranked # 3 in the country , Georgia, and yet given basically no shot at beating the number 2 Bama. Which I dont think it will be very close either.
    Which someone was stating the other day how the SEC scheduled better and some of these teams lost early and moved up whereas Oregon and KSU lost late and slipped.
    As an Alabama fan, I am very worried about Georgia. IMO, this game is a toss up with maybe a slight advantage to Georgia. If Bama doesn't figure out its secondary and pass rush, Murray will throw for 300+.

Alabama needs a package that can stay out on the field on defense when teams go to a hurry up. LSU and Florida do it.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As a CFB fan I'd love to see Colorado make the right hire. It's sad how far that program has fallen.
    But who is going to want to walk into a situation where the outgoing Head Coach--who arguably shouldn't have been hired in the first place--was only given two years to turn around the colossal mess that Dan Hawkins, considered a "can't miss" hire at the time, left behind?

Colorado and Kentucky have both proven without a shadow of a doubt that Pro-Style offenses rarely, if ever, work at outmanned BCS schools anymore.

Were I Colorado U, I'd target Air Force's Troy Calhoun, though I'm not sure he'd be interested in the Buff job.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Rumor has it that Gary Pinkel will be out at Mizzou today as well.
    Pinkel's not going anywhere.http://twitter.com/fbrumormill
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I don't see Bama rolling and the 7 pt spread tells me most others don't either

Who has Georgia beaten? Florida. They have played two ranked teams all year long, got spanked by one (SC) and beat the other.

I defiantly think they benefited from a generous schedule. IMO no team should go through an entire season without playing at least one of LSU and Alabama and vice versa playing at least one of Georgia and Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Who has Georgia beaten? Florida. They have played two ranked teams all year long, got spanked by one (SC) and beat the other.

I defiantly think they benefited from a generous schedule. IMO no team should go through an entire season without playing at least one of LSU and Alabama and vice versa playing at least one of Georgia and Florida.
    They won't. That's why they have a championship game. If you're correct, they'll be exposed before Bowl bids go out

Crazy to think that the Orange Bowl could be:

Kent State vs Georgia Tech

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ge-bowl-fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The NCAA is NOT launching an investigation into Auburn. Last week was old news recycled by lazy sportswriters during Iron Bowl week and if you're into conspiracies, it may have been floated by an Auburn contingent to make Chizik look bad during "decision" week. The NCAA is looking into Memphis recruiting because of the Jovon Robinson transcript situation but it is not focusing upon Auburn. It has visited several campuses regarding this issue and Auburn is an obvious one to visit. Trooper and Luper had been taken off of the recruiting circuit until Dec 1 as part of a self-imposed penalty for a self-reported secondary violation completely unrelated to anything in Memphis.

There is zero concern within the Auburn athletic department. There is no investigation of Auburn's football program.

Haggle over Tennesee or Auburn but Arksansas is an obvious distant option from a desireability standpoint. Resources, recruiting, tradition, etc wise, Arkansas has largely been a second tier SEC program traditionally.
    According to Pat Forde there is an ongoing investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...074908952.html

He ranks his top 4 as Tennessee, Arkansas, NC State then Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Crazy to think that the Orange Bowl could be:

Kent State vs Georgia Tech

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ge-bowl-fiasco
    The poor Orange Bowl has really been screwed by its affiliation with the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Mizzo AD and boosters think they have to go to a power running game in order to compete in the SEC. Some Arkansas boosters think this is needed in Fayette ville.

Missouri probably would have been better off waiting a year for the Big 10.
    Theres no guarentee that the Big 10 would have come calling. I think what Big 10 is doing is trying to entice ND with a bunch of Eastern teams and saw the ACC as a threat there. Hence Maryland, Virginia, and UNC rumors.

Missouri got passed by on 2 occasions no guarentee the third time would have been any different.

When does the SEC rectify the Missouri being in the east and goes to 16?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Theres no guarentee that the Big 10 would have come calling. I think what Big 10 is doing is trying to entice ND with a bunch of Eastern teams and saw the ACC as a threat there. Hence Maryland, Virginia, and UNC rumors.

Missouri got passed by on 2 occasions no guarentee the third time would have been any different.

When does the SEC rectify the Missouri being in the east and goes to 16?
    I wouldn't mind Auburn and Missouri changing divisions and playing each other every 4 years.

Missouri would look better in the Big 10. USF would have been a better choice for the SEC. Tampa market would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    According to Pat Forde there is an ongoing investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...074908952.html

He ranks his top 4 as Tennessee, Arkansas, NC State then Auburn.
    Pat Forde is wrong about an ongoing investigation targeting Auburn. He's also out of touch concerning his impression of "heavy handed" boosters.

Pat Forde is definately not someone who could claim to have inside sources into things Auburny...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?