Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Roll Tide. One of the few teams whose defense I enjoy watching more than their offense.

Notre Dame is being completely manhandled.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Roll Tide. One of the few teams whose defense I enjoy watching more than their offense.

Notre Dame is being completely manhandled.
    Hopefully Bama fans can avoid embarrassing both themselves and the university that they never actually attended this year.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

It's unfortunate Notre Dame is so disinterested.

Dear Irish,

The SEC isn't like the BIG 10 or a service academy.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Retired

ND got exposed big time, they look flat out inept. This game is a complete annihilation by Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    ND got exposed big time, they look flat out inept. This game is a complete annihilation by Alabama.
    Second straight year the system failed the eye test IMO. Last year should have been LSU vs Ok State. This year Oregon vs Alabama would have been the best game.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Second straight year the system failed the eye test IMO. Last year should have been LSU vs Ok State. This year Oregon vs Alabama would have been the best game.
    You mean LSU who got dominated last year? The same LSU who despite winning at Alabama, to my eyes, looked like the clear lesser team on the field that day?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You mean LSU who got dominated last year? The same LSU who despite winning at Alabama, to my eyes, looked like the clear lesser team on the field that day?
    You mean the team that WON AT TUSCALOOSA, played the toughest schedule in football last year? Yep still believe that you rewarded a team for not playing a 13th game. I dont care how the bowl game looked. Bama lost to LSU and should have been behind every 1 loss team because of it. And yes if WVU had been in that position my position would have been the same. WVU and Bama both had their chance during the regular season against LSU, it should have been someone else. Plus it would have meant an opportunity to see whether Alabama or LSU could have done against something different in Oregon and OK State respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    You mean the team that WON AT TUSCALOOSA, played the toughest schedule in football last year? Yep still believe that you rewarded a team for not playing a 13th game. I dont care how the bowl game looked. Bama lost to LSU and should have been behind every 1 loss team because of it. And yes if WVU had been in that position my position would have been the same. WVU and Bama both had their chance during the regular season against LSU, it should have been someone else. Plus it would have meant an opportunity to see whether Alabama or LSU could have done against something different in Oregon and OK State respectively.
    Problem is, the "most deserving" assertion doesn't hold up this year. Those were fairly clearly the most deserving 2 teams based on the regular season this year.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Talk about shredding an opponent and spitting them out! Geez!

Did anyone honestly think ND was going to have a chance in this game? I didn't. They should have lost to Pitt, and barely escaped Purdue.

Not only did Alabama have experience on their side ... this was their 3rd NC game in the last 4 years... but I believed 'Bama's O-line and running game would utterly take any fight out of the Irish.

I laughed at one post-game commentator who said the only time McCarron got touched in the entire game was in the 4th quarter by HIS OWN PLAYER when McCarron barked at Jones after a delay penalty and Jones shoved him away. LOL

Just because someone goes undefeated, IMO, doesn't mean they deserve to be in the NC. The system is still flawed badly IMO.

All I know is I'll be collecting on a few bets at work today. I even gave a couple guys 14 pts. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I kinda think Brian Kelly overachived this year and that might come back to bite him in the butt if expecations are too high next year.

Saban could leave for Dallas today and I honestly wouldnt be upset. Wish we could buy out the Virginia Tech game next this year with the promise we will visit them in 2016 at their place and schedule either Oregon, Ohio State, or Boise State in Atlanta to open the season. Its time to give their fan base some reality.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

My favorite line from the game was someone tweeted that A.J. McCarron's girlfriend, Katherine Webb, was seeking a restraining order against Brent Musberger. Man, did Musberger go on about her (she is attractive).
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

This game just further proved its the SEC and everyone else. Seven straight BCS titles for the league. Also Bama is as dominant now as they were in the Bear Bryant days. I thought it would be a close game with Bama winning. But they showed they were light years ahead of ND. I'm just glad Ohio State was on probation or we would have had either them or ND as national champions today. Certainly wouldn't have been a true representation of the best team in the nation.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This game just further proved its the SEC and everyone else. Seven straight BCS titles for the league. Also Bama is as dominant now as they were in the Bear Bryant days. I thought it would be a close game with Bama winning. But they showed they were light years ahead of ND. I'm just glad Ohio State was on probation or we would have had either them or ND as national champions today. Certainly wouldn't have been a true representation of the best team in the nation.
    It certainly did and OK, this game didn't match up the two best teams but it wasn't Oregon who should have been there. Texas A&M looked to be the team with the best shot at defeating Bama. But the folks are weary of SEC dominance and that wouldn't have gone over well. I've been aware of the strength of SEC football for a long time and even I'm amazed at the dominance of 7 straight titles; almost all of which were blowouts

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Texas A&M was the only team to beat Alabama. They are an SEC team in name only, a Big 12 team that beat Alabama.

The SEC has been good, but Alabama has been the dominant one. With the exception of Alabama, I think the other top tier teams in college can play with the likes of LSU, Florida, and Georgia.

I never thought ND had a chance in beating Alabama, and as the bowl season wore done it became apparent that the teams that ND beat showed that they weren't up to snuff in their bowl games. With the exception of Stanford (who ND got by because of an awful call) all the teams that ND beat were overrated. Its kinda ironic because the team that I thought could have played with Alabama is Stanford.

Turn Off Ads?