Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I think it will be a very close game. I believe Bama will win but it will be a fight. ND is going to take this disrespect being shown to them to heart. If Bama isn't fully ready to play they will lose.

SEC in the bowl season is showing this was a down year for them. I thought it during the season and it's showing up in the post season. It didn't surprise me that UL beat UF. I thought UF was somewhat overrated all season. If Bridgewater was healthy I thought, at the least UL, would give them a tough game.
    By SEC standards this was indeed a bad year but when it's all said and done by any other standard it was a very good year. I expect Alabama to take the crown again on Monday

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You really ought to get therapy for your hatred. Seriously, I was happy for Vandy and the season they had. If I had your attitude I'd be one miserable soul
    So you root for Alabama and Florida and Vandy and Kentucky when they're not playing UT? Nah. I can't get behind that. I'm all for "defending the conference" but most times, the results speak for themselves. I won't pull for any of the rivals of my favorite team. Especially when the fan base is largely a group of condescending, know-it-alls. I'm perfectly fine with UT going 0-12 in perpetuity.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    An irony is that for all of the buckeye hatred spewed about the SEC, buckeye nation doesn't seem to mind that their coach will always be thought of as an SEC coach and he is trying his best to recruit SEC players. Heck, they can't even claim the moral ground regarding NCAA compliance.
    Doesn't one have to play in the SEC to be an SEC player? If they sign up elsewhere, then they aren't an SEC player. Ohio State has been recruiting from the south and taking players who had interest from SEC schools for decades. This isn't something new with Urban Meyer.

Score another outstanding hire for Gus Malzahn as he completes is new staff. Today he added Rich Bisaccia, one of the best special teams coaches in football regardless of level, to serve as assistant Head coach and to coach special teams and running backs.

Malzahn is building a staff of individuals with impressive track records of developing NFL calibre players and given their recruiting reputations, this staff will be a recruiting juggernaut.
    Last edited by jojo; 01-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Props to UL. UF clearly had no interest in playing this game but a win is a win.

Bridgewater is really great.

UK will probably be the best team UL plays next season... could have an easy run next season if they don't screw it up. Will their pre-season ranking get them to the NC if they avoid choking? Possibly so, hard to call that projected schedule earning it though, hence the changes that have been made to the BCS.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I wouldn't exactly say that. I've watched several UF games this year and they looked about like they always do on defense, fast and super-aggressive -- early on, they looked closer to "out of control" than "disinterested" -- and, like most of the season, the offense was uninspiring. They made a living all year off winning the turnover battle, special teams and the fourth quarter, but they made a few too many mistakes to dig their way out this time, mostly thanks to Bridgewater's poise and accuracy. It's football, it was six weeks since they'd played, it happens.

Who knows how the game turns out if Louisville doesn't get that shot of "this is our night" adrenaline right out of the gate, but that's why they play 'em.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Christmas just won't end for Auburn fans. It looks like Dameyune Craig is coming home to serve as associate offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach. Craig is widely regarded as one of the premier recruiters in college football and he is a helluva human being too. By my count all that is left is TE coach. Tim Horton (razorback rb coach) has loudly been rumored to be a target to fill that spot.

Auburn is poised to inflict some serious bloodletting on its rivals across the recruiting grounds. Put 5 stars in Malzahns scheme and records will be broken. Give Johnson 5 stars and tell him aggression is priority one and you'll get guys vaporized like Clowney's infamous hit. Sandmountaineers had better run to the hills. You know that thing you fear the most? It's back. And it's pissed.
    Last edited by jojo; 01-03-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I would like to thank the powers that be at Auburn and Tennessee for NOT seriously going after Charlie Strong. If he can recruit and coach like this at Louisville, I would hate to see what he could do in the SEC.
    Louisville wouldn't be at the level they're at without the shady recruiting of Clint Hurtt (which includes Teddy Bridgewater). Without Bridgewater, UofL was likely a sub-.500 football team this year, and he was obviously the difference in the game last night. They better hope Hurtt ends up being innocent of all the things thrown at him in that Yahoo article last year.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Louisville wouldn't be at the level they're at without the shady recruiting of Clint Hurtt (which includes Teddy Bridgewater). Without Bridgewater, UofL was likely a sub-.500 football team this year, and he was obviously the difference in the game last night. They better hope Hurtt ends up being innocent of all the things thrown at him in that Yahoo article last year.
    Funny coming from a fan of UK basketball. The same could be said of calipari and the allegations Pete thamel has tossed around.

Facts are the NCAA has not found any wrong doing by Cal or Hurt. UK fans are just upset because SEC superiority argument carries a lot less weight after Louisville has dominated the second highest ranked school in the conference.

And bridgewater was awesome but so was the defense.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    UK fans are just upset because SEC superiority argument carries a lot less weight after Louisville has dominated the second highest ranked school in the conference..
    I am by no means a Louisville fan but I told my friends the day of the game that I didnt feel it would be a Gator blowout. My reasoning was, this wasnt a Spurrier or Meyer Florida team. They would beat you by a score of 21-13 rather than 52-10.
    The following scores are 3 of their last 4 games.

Missouri W 14-7
    Louisiana-Lafayette W 27-20
    Jacksonville State W 23-0

A Spurrier/Meyer team would have put at least 40 on the board against those teams and ran them off the field.
    Louisville's defense played the way it did earlier in the season, which was excellent, and Florida didnt have the offense to catch up.
    I realize they are the second highest rated team but I feel like at best they are the 3rd best. It is debatable but I didnt feel like the Gators should have been playing in that game. Georgia made a believer out of me against Bama. That rule that kept them out of the BCS game and put Florida in is silly to me.
    I realize a rule is a rule but UGA was ranked 3rd and was within one play of knocking off Bama in what was truly a classic football game but they "drop" in rankings and go to a lesser bowl (after beating Florida in season).
    I felt like Florida was more of a 8 or 9 overall ranked team rather than a #3.
    That being said, Louisville deserves the credit as TB is the real deal and will probably be vaulted on the national scene for the upcoming season after that game.
    It may be junior season and on to pros.

Gus Malzahn has indeed completed is on the field coaching staff as Tim Horton has accepted a position as TE coach.

Horton has been instrumental in Arkansas' recent success in the running game and is also known as an excellent recruiter.

Malzahn has put together a very impressive oaching staff at a breakneck speed.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Doesn't one have to play in the SEC to be an SEC player? If they sign up elsewhere, then they aren't an SEC player. Ohio State has been recruiting from the south and taking players who had interest from SEC schools for decades. This isn't something new with Urban Meyer.
    Urban just recruited one of those SEC players in Trey Johnson.

Anybody watching the Johnny Football show? I'm hoping the Bengals have a down season in two years so they can get this guy. If he's this good as a freshman and even has more room to grow physically, he could be a once in a lifetime player.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Anybody watching the Johnny Football show? I'm hoping the Bengals have a down season in two years so they can get this guy. If he's this good as a freshman and even has more room to grow physically, he could be a once in a lifetime player.
    I'm not sure there is a team in the country that could beat A&M right now.

Turn Off Ads?