Turn Off Ads?

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I am in no way saying that Auburn is guilty. I am asking you to consider the situation objectively, and not be astonished and haughty each time someone suggests Auburn football has been less than clean.
    I have examined the issue objectively. I am now asking you to quit focusing upon me and start focusing upon the facts of the issue. But ya, if you want to argue that Auburn is dirty, show us your work. Otherwise don;t be surprised when someone challenges your opinion.

Questionable behavior is rampant in college athletics, and has been demonstrably so for decades. There are numerous independent reports (whether they be recanted or not) suggesting the Auburn program was unscrupulous. For most, this preponderance of evidence taken with the history of NCAA athletics leads to the likelihood of Auburn being dirty.
    The preponderance of the evidence says Auburn is clean. The NCAA addressed this issue specifically. Your argument ignores the most important evidence and gives tremendous weight to things that have either been discredited of contradict established fact.

From the inside, you see the scrutiny as a witchhunt. From the outside, it looks like a trend, likely pointing to some sort of guilt.
    No. I see arguments such as these to be baseless. Again-show your proof. Youre basically hand waving and speaking in very broud generalities then reaching a very specific conclusion. It's not surprising that facts poke holes in it.

You and all Auburn fans are welcome to act indignantly and question this unwarranted criticism, but don't be surprised given recent history, especially considering the repeated reports emanating from Auburn, that when we see smoke, we think fire.
    And again dont label others as condescending when they criticize your opinion for a lack of support.
    Last edited by jojo; 04-18-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?