Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This game just further proved its the SEC and everyone else. Seven straight BCS titles for the league. Also Bama is as dominant now as they were in the Bear Bryant days. I thought it would be a close game with Bama winning. But they showed they were light years ahead of ND. I'm just glad Ohio State was on probation or we would have had either them or ND as national champions today. Certainly wouldn't have been a true representation of the best team in the nation.
    I'd say the top 4-5 in the SEC, and everyone else. There are some bad football teams in the SEC as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Texas A&M was the only team to beat Alabama. They are an SEC team in name only, a Big 12 team that beat Alabama.

The SEC has been good, but Alabama has been the dominant one. With the exception of Alabama, I think the other top tier teams in college can play with the likes of LSU, Florida, and Georgia.

I never thought ND had a chance in beating Alabama, and as the bowl season wore done it became apparent that the teams that ND beat showed that they weren't up to snuff in their bowl games. With the exception of Stanford (who ND got by because of an awful call) all the teams that ND beat were overrated. Its kinda ironic because the team that I thought could have played with Alabama is Stanford.
    When can the SEC claim the Aggies?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I'd say the top 4-5 in the SEC, and everyone else. There are some bad football teams in the SEC as well.
    Depending on your definition, I suppose every conference has bad teams but from top to bottom the SEC leaves all the other conferences in the dust. It's really incredible the run they're on

Bad teams in every conference. I know one well, Kentucky. They must not be dragging down the SEC much though. They still keep winning championships year after year after year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When can the SEC claim the Aggies?
    I don't know, after a couple of recruiting years?

I know as a B1G fan I won't be claiming Maryland or Rutgers any time soon!

IMO it takes a little time for conference affiliation to take hold. IMO Texas A&M is a Big 12 team transition into a SEC team.

I don't know, after a couple of recruiting years?

I know as a B1G fan I won't be claiming Maryland or Rutgers any time soon!

IMO it takes a little time for conference affiliation to take hold. IMO Texas A&M is a Big 12 team transition into a SEC team.
    I'd argue that A&M has been taking advantage of its move to the SEC for several years now

According to Vegas, six SEC teams would have been favored over ND last night. That doesn't include Vandy, who I think would give them a run also. So basically, according to the experts without bias, ND would have been a middle-of-the-pack team in the SEC. That's what they looked like too. It wasn't just about Saban's preparation; ND was overmatched at almost every position on the field.

IMO Texas A&M is a Big 12 team transition into a SEC team.
    OK.

But in reality, they played an SEC schedule and the other SEC teams have to play them. That makes them 100% an SEC school now. This might be the silliest realignment argument I've seen yet.

After taking an official visit to Knoxville last weekend, 3-star OL Cody Clay picks Div II Azusa Pacific over Tennessee.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ja...over-tennesse/
    Last edited by jojo; 01-08-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    After taking an official visit to Knoxville last weekend, 3-star OL Cody Clay picks Div II Azusa Pacific over Tennessee.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ja...over-tennesse/
    Aside from his religious priorities, I wonder if he was worried about being good enough to get playing time at UT? The Vols are returning most of their O-line and they have four recruits so far on the line as of now

Vandy coach apologizes for "Nicky Satan."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coach-a...11--ncaaf.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Vandy coach apologizes for "Nicky Satan."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coach-a...11--ncaaf.html
    He really is awesome. Franklin, that is. Not Nicky.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

By my count Bama has 97 players on the roster..... looks like there is going to be a spate of 12 medical emergencies in Tuscaloosa very shortly... oh the humanity!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The UA playing careers of Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, and Tyler Hayes are over, and for Brent Calloway it will probably take a camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle scenario for him to return. Wasted scholarships.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    The UA playing careers of Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, and Tyler Hayes are over, and for Brent Calloway it will probably take a camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle scenario for him to return. Wasted scholarships.
    Nick only needs 8 mysterious injuries now.

Turn Off Ads?