Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I guess he turned it around 360 degrees instead of just 180.
    More like 420.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    More like 420.

I know we get jaded with dudes like Mathieu and hiring and firing million dollar coaches and alleged shady recruiting, but there's plenty of great kids playing this game. Every team has kids like this, but here's a lil piece about the guy who's on "my" team that make putting up with hearing about all the other BS worth it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...ts-zac-stacy-2
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I know we get jaded with dudes like Mathieu and hiring and firing million dollar coaches and alleged shady recruiting, but there's plenty of great kids playing this game. Every team has kids like this, but here's a lil piece about the guy who's on "my" team that make putting up with hearing about all the other BS worth it:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...ts-zac-stacy-2
    Players like Stacy are kind of what makes college football still worth watching.

Auburn has a guy, Ashton Richardson who went from walk on to scholarship athlete who is #2 on the LBer depth chart and has just been announced as a Rhodes Scholar finalist.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

OK... Back to million dollar coaches... Can UT get (or would they want) John Gruden?

OK... Back to million dollar coaches... Can UT get (or would they want) John Gruden?
    Its probably the most likely job that would entice Gruden to the college ranks. I think they'd pounce if they can afford him.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Its probably the most likely job that would entice Gruden to the college ranks. I think they'd pounce if they can afford him.
    I know he's got a few Tennessee ties, but you don't think he'd go for either Arkansas or Auburn?

I know he's got a few Tennessee ties, but you don't think he'd go for either Arkansas or Auburn?
    I think if Tennessee wants him bad enough, they will get him. Auburn would be a second choice but the money would have to be right and Auburn would have to go for him. I don't think he'd go to Arkansas.

There is just no way that the Vols should be 0-5 in the SEC....and this is becoming a trend. If the Vols want Gruden, I think they'll find a way....

Here's some intrigue:

https://twitter.com/BWFullington/sta...52148958564352

Couple of of posters on other football boards are saying the Lattimore injury reminds them of the Theisman injure. His kneecap is sitting on the outside of his right leg while the leg itself is straight. You could tell Marcus was going into shock.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Couple of of posters on other football boards are saying the Lattimore injury reminds them of the Theisman injure. His kneecap is sitting on the outside of his right leg while the leg itself is straight. You could tell Marcus was going into shock.
    The JT one was worse to watch because the camera caught Lawrence Taylor unobstructed while Lattimore's was mostly blocked by tacklers.

Stat geek...and proud
    Broken femur and all knee ligaments torn for Lattimore is what I'm reading. Horrible if true. That's not your "routine" ACL type rehab. He's going to have a hard road ahead.

(when I say routine I am not trying to poo poo it, but it's pretty much a 100% return to form rate these days)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

That Lattimore injury was horrific. I'm no doctor but if the reports coming out are true, I just hope he can recover and spend the rest of his life walking normally without pain.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Broken femur and all knee ligaments torn for Lattimore is what I'm reading. Horrible if true. That's not your "routine" ACL type rehab. He's going to have a hard road ahead.

(when I say routine I am not trying to poo poo it, but it's pretty much a 100% return to form rate these days)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD
    Where would Willis McGehee's knee injury fall in comparision? I know he spent about a year rehabbing after he was drafted but his was pretty bad wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Where would Willis McGehee's knee injury fall in comparision? I know he spent about a year rehabbing after he was drafted but his was pretty bad wasn't it?
    Don't think Willis had any femur damage, just ACL/MCL/PCL.

Turn Off Ads?