Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

NL Central champs
    Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    The A&M game shouldn't be too close, IMO. Bama should come out very sharp and focused after that LSU scare.
    ^This guy is clueless when it comes to college football. I underated Johnny Manziel. I thought he was just like Denard Robinson, but he is clearly a much better passer. Saban's teams tend to struggle with dual-threat quarterbacks and it showed on Saturday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Two of the following things need to happen for Bama:

Notre Dame loses to USC

Oregon loses to USC in the Pac 12 Championship

Kansas St gets manhandled by Texas

then Alabama kills Georgia.

However, a Notre Dame vs Alabama Sugar Bowl would be fun.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Yeah, for SEC and Alabama fans. I would rather not watch a 35 point blowout.

Give me a combo of Alabama, Kansas State and Oregon and I will be good to go.

I think KSU vs Oregon would be good for America.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I almost think Derek Dooley wants to get fired...
    He's making the decision very easy

Two of the following things need to happen for Bama:

Notre Dame loses to USC

Oregon loses to USC in the Pac 12 Championship

Kansas St gets manhandled by Texas

then Alabama kills Georgia.

A Stanford upset of Oregon this weekend is as possible as an A & M upset of Bama last weekend

The loss to Texas AM exposed a couple of things about Alabama. They don't have the speed nor the depth everyone thought they had on defense. Plus, Alabama sucks playing man to man defense. LSU or Kansas State's defense would probably give Oregon a better game then Alabama right now.

Saban might have to reinvent himself and I know that's anathema to him.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

No it's not that they don't have the speed or depth, key injuries early on.Losing the fastest guy on the team Dee Hart to a knee injury,our bruising FB Jalston Fowler,a green secondary for the most part,a lot of inexperience in general.I figured the stars would have to align right for Bama to run the table again this season.The Tide had 29 running plays,36 passing versus A&M.That aint Alabama football.
    The new offensive coordinator from the West Coast looked great against cupcake teams this year,but you earn your paychecks playing in the big games,and he failed miserably.Of course beating the crap out of each other physically,and emotionally in Death Valley last Saturday did not help either.The Aggies took Bama to the woodshed,and I feared they would.
    This high flying Aggie attack will last several years,until defense's catch on to it.Much like Urban Meyer's spread attack did at Florida till finally other teams found a way to stop it.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

I find it crazy that Oregon runs 80% of its plays out of this formation.

One can dream that we have a fast QB at Alabama before I die.

NL Central champs

IMO, Saban's defenses run in two year cycles.

In 2009, Alabama had a very talented defense and won a National Championship with a 14-0 record.

In 2010, Alabama lost McClain, Cody, Arenas, K. Jackson, M. Johnson, and other players. Kirkpatrick, J. Chapman, Upshaw, Barron, and others got valuable experience; but we were a very young team and that cost us, we went 10-3.

In 2011, Kirkpatrick, Chapman, Upshaw, and Barron were all elite players after getting experience in 2010. Alabama won a National Championship and went 12-1.

In 2012, Alabama has a young defense and it cost them a game (almost two), but they will only lose 4 starters (Nico Johnson, Lester, Square, and Williams).

In 2013, returning 7 starters, I would expect Alabama to have a defense that is similar to 2009/2011.

I am not saying that Alabama will win a title every two years, but I believe that Saban will have one of the top three defenses in the country every two years. BTW, we will only lose 4 or 5 offensive starters for 2013, so we should compete for another National Championship.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    This high flying Aggie attack will last several years, until defense's catch on to it. Much like Urban Meyer's spread attack did at Florida till finally other teams found a way to stop it.
    To borrow an old line, sometimes it's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmies and Joes. The main thing defenses did to stop Meyer's offense at Florida was wait until Tebow graduated. I do like A&M's offense but they're not reinventing the sport either, and a lot of their edge right now is Manziel making stuff happen off the script.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The loss to Texas AM exposed a couple of things about Alabama. They don't have the speed nor the depth everyone thought they had on defense. Plus, Alabama sucks playing man to man defense. LSU or Kansas State's defense would probably give Oregon a better game then Alabama right now.

Saban might have to reinvent himself and I know that's anathema to him.
    Just because he doesn't win a NC every year hardly means that he has to reinvent himself. Frankly he's followed up his championship season much better than most programs of recent memory.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

The thing I love about Saban is the continuity he bring's to a program.He works his tail off on the recruiting trail,and it show's.No,we may not win the championship every year,but he has built a program that will compete for it for year's to come.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Worst week of college football imo.

Hoping Baylor kills Kansas State or Wake Forest wins that one game a year they have no business winning against Notre Dame.

Auburn 11 Alabama State 3

I give Auburn a safety and a TD

I can't even poke fun at the Ducks. That was a great game.

It would very sad if we lost too Auburn now.

Turn Off Ads?