Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Looks like some of the MSU stuff is starting to come to light:

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2...s-recruitment/
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

We won. Yay.

You really have to feel for Arkansas:

First time they been shutout at home since 1966
    Its their 2nd worse lost ever. They lost to Tulsa 62-7 in the early 20's I believe.

Two teams going in two opposite directions.

Your looking at a 4 year process right now and thats if Missouri doesn't start taking your recruits. Lot easier to get a kid from Arkansas to go to Missouri then a Florida kid.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    You really have to feel for Arkansas:

First time they been shutout at home since 1966
    Its their 2nd worse lost ever. They lost to Tulsa 62-7 in the early 20's I believe.

Two teams going in two opposite directions.

Your looking at a 4 year process right now and thats if Missouri doesn't start taking your recruits. Lot easier to get a kid from Arkansas to go to Missouri then a Florida kid.
    I don't really feel bad for Arkansas. They rolled the dice on a sketchy character and it backfired. Petrino is a well-documented scumbag. They knew that upon hiring him.

I do, however, feel bad for the student athletes. But as for the administration and the school, they deserved it.

Matt Barkley came back for that lol

USC has problems with smash mouth teams.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Matt Barkley came back for that lol

USC has problems with smash mouth teams.
    What does that game have to do with the title of this thread?

Just like last year, the SEC is back to the #1 and #2 spots in the AP poll:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...re-dame-week-4

In case anyone is tempted to opine that the conference is merely top heavy they also landed a couple more in the top ten

SEC refs will never let the top teams lose to one of the middle-of-the-pack SEC teams. That's why there are never any upsets in SEC vs. SEC games like there are in all other conferences.

Had Pac12 officials protected USC like SEC refs do, the Trojans would still be unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    SEC refs will never let the top teams lose to one of the middle-of-the-pack SEC teams. That's why there are never any upsets in SEC vs. SEC games like there are in all other conferences.

Had Pac12 officials protected USC like SEC refs do, the Trojans would still be unbeaten.
    I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't think there has been a single upset in the history of SEC conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Just like last year, the SEC is back to the #1 and #2 spots in the AP poll:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...re-dame-week-4

In case anyone is tempted to opine that the conference is merely top heavy they also landed a couple more in the top ten
    I don't have a problem with them having 10 of the TOp 25 teams in the country.

I just have a problem with Alabama fans rooting for Tennessee in a bowl game. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't think there has been a single upset in the history of SEC conference play.
    Mock me all you want. That's the perception that the rest of the country has about the SEC. Friendly officiating, dirty programs that are protected (UK basketball, Tennesee basketball, Auburn football, Cam Newton, Mississippi State, Arkansas, etc.), overhyped games, etc.

Whether you as SEC fans think that is immaterial. The rest of the country rolls its eyes. And that's not taking anything away from how good the top two or three teams in the conference are, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

I just have a problem with Alabama fans rooting for Tennessee in a bowl game. I just don't get it.
    Alabama fans have never rooted for Tennessee.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

I didn't know we had their support in Bowl games but if you're right we'll sure take it!

Mock me all you want. That's the perception that the rest of the country has about the SEC. Friendly officiating, dirty programs that are protected (UK basketball, Tennesee basketball, Auburn football, Cam Newton, Mississippi State, Arkansas, etc.), overhyped games, etc.

Whether you as SEC fans think that is immaterial. The rest of the country rolls its eyes. And that's not taking anything away from how good the top two or three teams in the conference are, by the way.
    This is largely a steaming pile of tripe.

My perception is that the fans that think that way are just so frustrated and jealous of the SEC's success that they do this to make themselves feel better. I equate it to the fan of the school that just lost in football 38-0 who says "yeah but our library is better than yours" or "my school has more Rhodes Scholars".

All the schools play by the same NCAA rules and if they're found to be guilty they'll pay a price. As long as they're eligible for Bowl games and all, we have to accept their innocence. For example OSU will have paid their price by next year and it'd be sour grapes for another program to belittle their success (should they achieve it) by reminding us of Tressel

Turn Off Ads?