Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Auburn
    After yesterday Vandy is 3-14 against Auburn since 1951.

It's nice that Vandy has been a little more stout that usual the last few seasons but let's not pretend that in our lifetimes it isn't a surprise when they beat an Auburn team....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    After yesterday Vandy is 3-14 against Auburn since 1951.

It's nice that Vandy has been a little more stout that usual the last few seasons but let's not pretend that in our lifetimes it isn't a surprise when they beat an Auburn team....
    And yet 2 in a row.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Anyways, that wasn't my point... Point was, there are games, even SEC games, Vanderbilt can win now without the wonky play calling. Franklin needs to see that.

Anyways, that wasn't my point... Point was, there are games, even SEC games, Vanderbilt can win now without the wonky play calling. Franklin needs to see that.
    Ya. If Auburn had even half of its stuff together, Franklin would have lost the game for his team yesterday.

I did like how he pushed the issue on 4th down though with the exception of the Stacy pass attempt in the 4th.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

And yet 2 in a row.
    And in both those years, the auburn football coach lost his job....

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bobby Petrino isn't exactly Jerry Sandusky.
    My point is that character matters or at least I'd like to think it should at my Alma Mater

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My point is that character matters or at least I'd like to think it should at my Alma Mater
    Winning is all that matters. Petrino doesn't cheat, doesn't do illegal things and is a workaholic. My suspicion is that 90%+ of these high-caliber college football coaches aren't your highest character fellows.

Winning is all that matters. Petrino doesn't cheat, doesn't do illegal things and is a workaholic. My suspicion is that 90%+ of these high-caliber college football coaches aren't your highest character fellows.
    And if the Petrino thing could've been possible to keep quiet, Petrino would still be the head coach at Arkansas.

You also played us in our 2 worst years since the start of the millenium. I find that to be a bit lucky.

As a UT fan, Auburn can have him. He does have a history as a liar and a quitter. I'll take my chances with someone who doesn't have that on their resume.

If he will cheat on his wife, he will cheat on the NCAA.

Well, it IS the SEC. He has to cheat a little just to keep up.

If someone would lie to his boss and lie to the NCAA, he will cheat on his wife.

Does it work that way too?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If someone would lie to his boss and lie to the NCAA, he will cheat on his wife.

Does it work that way too?
    It could. Some people take vows seriously. Some don't.

I'd generally expect most folks to take the vows to their spouses more seriously than vows to their employers.

Vanderbilt has an all time winning record against one SEC school. And it ain't Tennessee.
    Don't forget Sewanee
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?