Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Week 1 Guesses:

Michigan 20 Alabama 31

I expect this game to be good until the 4th quarter.

Clemson 40 Auburn 35

A shootout

South Carolina 23 Vanderbilt 17

A Vandy upset would not shock me

Texas A&M 35 Louisiana Tech 28

Welcom Aggies !

Tennessee 24 N.C. State 27

Nc State defense should be good enough to pull off a win

Buffalo 7 Georgia 56

Bowling Green 10 Florida 35

Jacksonville State 10 Arkansas 56

North Texas 7 LSU 48

Central Arkansas 13 Ole Miss 12

Freeze loses his first game

Jackson State 9 Mississippi State 24

Southeastern Louisiana 14 Missouri 48

Louisville 20 Kentucky 21
    Last edited by 19braves77; 08-25-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Week 1 Guesses:

Clemson 40 Auburn 35

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Dismukes really let the team down IMHO.
    Exactly how I feel. 8 days before gameday and you are out partying? I think Dismukes has a lot of talent, but he has to get his act together and be a team player if he ever wants to see the field at Auburn again. Team leaders, guys like Lee Ziemba and Ben Tate, to name a few (and hopefully Kiehl Frazier in the future), never did that stuff.

Don't have anything to do, might as well do Week 1 guesses:

Michigan 10 Alabama 45

I expect this game to be a blowout. Michigan gets a late touchdown on Bama's second team to avoid being completely embarassed.

Clemson 21 Auburn 40

One can only hope for the best!

South Carolina 24 Vanderbilt 27

A Vandy upset is what I expect. High level energy in Nashville for first game of the year.

Texas A&M 45 Louisiana Tech 17

S-E-C!

Tennessee 31 N.C. State 21

Tennessee is young, but talented. Think they take this one.

Buffalo 14 Georgia 63

Bowling Green 20 Florida 37

Jacksonville State 10 Arkansas 56

North Texas 10 LSU 60

Central Arkansas 7 Ole Miss 20

Jackson State 9 Mississippi State 24

Southeastern Louisiana 28 Missouri 50

Louisville 34 Kentucky 30

Whatever happens, it'll be fun, and I'll be glad to finally have college football back!

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Well, UT could have had Tajh Boyd at QB if Kiffen, the supposed genius, hadn't essentially run him out of Knoxville because he didn't fit his "system."

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that decision was indefensible. Anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge should have realized that Bray will never be 1/4 the NCAA QB that Boyd is.
    I think you're underestimating Bray. He could be the difference maker in a bounceback year for UT. They return a bunch of starters and were decimated by injuries last year after the UC game where they manhandled an excellent Bearcat team. Simply put the team that lost to UK was a shell of the one that beat UC

After making a bowl game in Derek Dooley’s first year on the job in 2010, the Tennessee Volunteers fell just short with a 5-7 campaign in ’11. They would lose at Kentucky 7-10 in their season-finale with a postseason berth on the line. The Volunteers had a brutal schedule last year that featured losses to Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, and Arkansas.
    With a much easier schedule, and entering the third year under Dooley, Tennessee has an excellent chance to be a surprise contender in the SEC East. The Vols return the most starters (19) in the conference and have 49 lettermen returning. Here is a look at their offense and defense, along with my prediction on where they finish in the East division in 2012.
    http://www.locksmithsportspicks.com/...l-predictions/

First test is Friday night vs NC State. Both teams are generally ranked equally about 40-50 nationally. Unlike schools such as Florida and OSU, UT scheduled a true test in week one rather than a MAC team

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think you're underestimating Bray. He could be the difference maker in a bounceback year for UT.
    I agree. There were some times last year when he looked like a future NFL QB. It would have been interesting to see him against those 3 really good defenses that he missed due to injury.

The East is hard to predict. UT should be better. UF should be better. UGa and SC should be better. Missouri is a real wild card. Vandy should be better, but better enough to knock off Georgia or SC or Mizzou or UT?

I actually think UGa gets it together and ends up at 10-2 and the rest are all in the 7-5 6-6 range. But I could also be dead wrong.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Unlike schools such as Florida and OSU, UT scheduled a true test in week one rather than a MAC team
    Can't say I blame UF for scheduling a cupcake in week 1, given that the SEC gave them 2 conference road games the next two weeks.

Florida is done with their conference games on November 3rd. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Can't say I blame UF for scheduling a cupcake in week 1, given that the SEC gave them 2 conference road games the next two weeks.

Florida is done with their conference games on November 3rd. Think about that.
    Does the SEC do the scheduling or the school? I doubt the SEC forced them to cram all their SEC games in by the first weekend of Nov. Florida has scheduled cupcakes for their opener for as long as I can remember

I agree. There were some times last year when he looked like a future NFL QB. It would have been interesting to see him against those 3 really good defenses that he missed due to injury.

The East is hard to predict. UT should be better. UF should be better. UGa and SC should be better. Missouri is a real wild card. Vandy should be better, but better enough to knock off Georgia or SC or Mizzou or UT?

I actually think UGa gets it together and ends up at 10-2 and the rest are all in the 7-5 6-6 range. But I could also be dead wrong.
    Someone should be fired if Georgia doesn't win 10 games this year given the way their schedule sets up.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Louisville 20 Kentucky 21
    I hadn't really even considered the possibility Louisville could lose to a particularly awful UK team this year. Makes me shudder just thinking about. This seems very unlikely.

Does the SEC do the scheduling or the school? I doubt the SEC forced them to cram all their SEC games in by the first weekend of Nov. Florida has scheduled cupcakes for their opener for as long as I can remember
    There's some co-ordinated effort between the schools, the league and the TV networks.

The networks will dictate that there are at least a couple decent conference matchups after the first week of the season in order to fill those TV slots. (ESPN even convinced the conference, Vandy and SC to move their game to this Thursday night for a primetime showing).

Week 3 is an especially weak set of games for the SEC. I'm sure that's why UT and UF are in that slot.

The other issue with UF's schedule is that for a while, their "tough" OOC game has been FSU, last game of the year. So, unless they're playing a conference game week 1 (unlikely), that first week will be a cuppie.

There's some co-ordinated effort between the schools, the league and the TV networks.

The networks will dictate that there are at least a couple decent conference matchups after the first week of the season in order to fill those TV slots. (ESPN even convinced the conference, Vandy and SC to move their game to this Thursday night for a primetime showing).

Week 3 is an especially weak set of games for the SEC. I'm sure that's why UT and UF are in that slot.

The other issue with UF's schedule is that for a while, their "tough" OOC game has been FSU, last game of the year. So, unless they're playing a conference game week 1 (unlikely), that first week will be a cuppie.
    Yeah, my gripe is largely with UT. Why did they put their toughest non conference game first? That's where Akron or Troy should be

Yeah, my gripe is largely with UT. Why did they put their toughest non conference game first? That's where Akron or Troy should be
    That's them giving ESPN what they want.

Auburn 600 Clemson -12
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

That's them giving ESPN what they want.
    Perhaps. I'm not privy to their reasons. I tend to doubt that an ESPN-U game is a big deal to UT.

Turn Off Ads?