Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 272 276
    Total offense plays 62 59
    Average Gain Per Play 4.4 4.7
    SC played with a one armed QB that reduced the Ole Ball Coach's playbook to about a third of its size.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    SC played with a one armed QB that reduced the Ole Ball Coach's playbook to about a third of its size.
    SC's offense didn't exactly look sterling in the 1st half.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Week 1 Guesses:

Tennessee 24 N.C. State 27

Nc State defense should be good enough to pull off a win
    That'll teach ya to bet against them Vols!

It was UT's defense, not NC State's that looked pretty good

It was a one armed WR that sealed the fate for Vandy. Unfortunately that play was against the agreed upon rules

That personal foul call was ridiculous. As was the pass interference. To me, those two teams looked very similar. Evenly matched game.

Vandy got screwed.

Anybody else going to any games today?

Week 1 Guesses:

Michigan 20 Alabama 31

I expect this game to be good until the 4th quarter.
    Nope. It was never good. Nice to see that the SEC dominance over the Big Ten is alive and well. Another year, another SEC blowout over a Big Ten team. After all these years the Big Ten still hasn't figured out how to close that gap.

Good call on the Clemson-Auburn game...

Alabama looked awesome and many reports coming out that Michigan was a little bit in awe of Jerry's world.

Neither team in the Clemson and Auburn game looked like they wanted to be in Atlanta.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 09-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nope. It was never good. Nice to see that the SEC dominance over the Big Ten is alive and well. Another year, another SEC blowout over a Big Ten team. After all these years the Big Ten still hasn't figured out how to close that gap.

Good call on the Clemson-Auburn game...
    Yeah! Go team!
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Kentucky is absolutely awful, which I love. I just hope they don't do something intelligent like fire Joker and hire Petrino.

Neither team in the Clemson and Auburn game looked like they wanted to be in Atlanta.
    You're nuts. It was a pretty intense and exciting game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

You're nuts. It was a pretty intense and exciting game.
    It was a mistake filled game.

I want that new helmet rule to go aaway. I dont understand why the offensive player has to take a play off. It should be the defensive player that sits a play. No helmet just falls off unless its ripped off.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Game atmosphere was great there. Very fun game to be at. Few thoughts:

Frazier will improve his accuracy. He had a lot of passes that were overthrown or underthrown, but he wasn't terrible. Jason Campbell wasn't great when he started out either.

Defense has to tackle! Defense didn't look that great, especially secondary. D Line was ok, but gave up far too many rushing yards. As Chizik said, that 68 yard run should have been a 5 yard gain.

Very tough game to lose. Thought we had the game the whole time. Oh well. Let's hope we can bounce back and put it to those Miss State Bulldogs. Would love for us to have a huge game and handily win the game.

In terms of the season, I think we will improve. Will we beat Alabama and LSU? Probably not. Didn't watch any of the games because I was in Atlanta, but sounds like they dominated. I really hope we can beat Georgia, but that might be a little too much pressure. I really think we can beat Arky, Vandy, A&M, Miss St., Ole Miss, and the 3 cupcakes for an 8-4 regular season. That isn't that bad, and I think next year we will continue to improve and be even better. War Eagle!

It was a mistake filled game.

I want that new helmet rule to go aaway. I dont understand why the offensive player has to take a play off. It should be the defensive player that sits a play. No helmet just falls off unless its ripped off.
    Both teams are pretty young at some critical positions and there were three new coordinators. Not a shocker that there were some mistakes in the first game.

But there was great intensity, it was hard hitting and a drama filled game played in a great atmosphere between two teams in a burgeoning rivalry. I have no idea how that's a game to complain about as a season opener.

Concerning the helmet rule, presumably it's to allow the student athlete to be checked out on the sideline. Again, pretty hard to criticize a rule that protects the noggin of a young athlete.

Turn Off Ads?