Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Mosley has an ailing shoulder and Wallace is a true freshman.
    but do you think Saban would have left AJ in their after a perormance like that in the 3rd quarter. The answer is no. Running draws on 3 & 11 isnt going to win the game.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That finish was amazing. I bet they're missing Petrino down in Arkansas about now.

Arkansas is just going to play this season out and hope they can get them a Saban from the NFL. The Razorback coach didn't even shake hands after the game. Hogs might have to settle on a trip to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl.

I say Alabama no kills the Hogs next week: Bama 31 Hogs 9

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Arkansas is just going to play this season out and hope they can get them a Saban from the NFL. The Razorback coach didn't even shake hands after the game. Hogs might have to settle on a trip to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl.

I say Alabama no kills the Hogs next week: Bama 31 Hogs 9
    I noticed the UL coach looking for JLS after the game if you or anyone come across further details I'd love to hear them.

Louisville fans everywhere laugh.

I think the Hoggies missed Tyler Wilson more then Petrino.
    Go Gators!

New coaches seem to have problems crafting Petrino's teams when he departs. Ask Louisville. This is a down year for the middle section of the SEC West and actually hurts LSU and Bama's SOS. Well, after next week, ULM will have beaten SEC west teams in back to back games.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    New coaches seem to have problems crafting Petrino's teams when he departs. Ask Louisville.
    Steve Kragthore was just incompetent. Petrino's a tough act to follow because he's so damned good at what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Down go the Razorbacks.

Wow.
    Ya, that one is truly a stunner and why college football is so fun.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Ya, that one is truly a stunner and why college football is so fun.
    They sure are great. But it seems like you are seeing fewer and fewer of them.

This probably would be better discussed in a different thread but its almost as if there are 7-10 programs that are head and shoulders above the rest. Alabama, LSU, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oklahoma and maybe Texas and Florida. With the exception of the Auburn championship its been mostly chalk over the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    They sure are great. But it seems like you are seeing fewer and fewer of them.

This probably would be better discussed in a different thread but its almost as if there are 7-10 programs that are head and shoulders above the rest. Alabama, LSU, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oklahoma and maybe Texas and Florida. With the exception of the Auburn championship its been mostly chalk over the past decade.
    I was thinking about this Saturday.

USC, Oregon, Texas, OU, and OSU essentially own the waters in which they recruit and they're very fertile waters so they'll be cream more often than not.

Id say these are probably the best coaching jobs in the country: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, probably LSU and Nebraska. Maybe I've forgot someone but that's a pretty good list.

Everybody else is going to be up some and down some. But I think everybody else tends to get screwed by media bias tilted toward the "big boys" which makes it harder to end up in a championship game.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I kinda wish they would rank teams until like Week 5. I have always said that pre-season and September polls are more about what is believed about teams and deeper into the season they become more about what is known about teams. Obviously, most voters now believe Arky is not as good as they originally thought. Yesterday LSU played like the best team in the Nation and they lost votes to USC today.

I was thinking about this Saturday.

USC, Oregon, Texas, OU, and OSU essentially own the waters in which they recruit and they're very fertile waters so they'll be cream more often than not.

Id say these are probably the best coaching jobs in the country: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, probably LSU and Nebraska. Maybe I've forgot someone but that's a pretty good list.

Everybody else is going to be up some and down some. But I think everybody else tends to get screwed by media bias tilted toward the "big boys" which makes it harder to end up in a championship game.
    It will be interesting to see where FSU goes forward. They have been disappointing for a number of years now. I don't think that Tennessee would be one of the best coaching gigs in the country. A ton of pressure playing in a state that doesn't really have as many recruits as the other big programs. I will give you a pass on Auburn..... I really don't know what to think of them. I think Miami is on the same page as USC. The go for periods of being dominant and then fall off the map for a number of years. Also playing in hot spot areas of Miami and LA brings about a bunch of problems.

Is there a media bias or is it just reality? IMO the "big boys" over the past decade have just gotten better than the other teams. If you have an 80K or 100K stadium you have a massive advantage over the competition. You have a bigger budget and better facilities than your competition.

ESPN is setting up its College Gameday crew this week on the fine campus of UT Knoxville. Every week this year their Gameday has centered around an SEC school and why not? Alabama and LSU have shown that they can pummel Bowl teams like other conferences do to MAC teams. Here's to ESPN returning to Knoxville for the 1st time since 2004...
    http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...g-to-knoxville

Rumor has it that ESPN is supposed to publish a report on an NCAA investigation into recruiting irregularities involving Memphis area players tomorrow that is said to effect multiple SEC programs. I haven't heard of anyone from Auburn being called for comment. We'll see because Auburn recruit Javon Robinson is thought to have triggered the NCAA curiosity. That said, I'm pretty positive Robinson isn't an issue.

MSU is knee deep in potential trouble already, it's very possible that it's MSU related issues led the NCAA to Memphis.

Rumor has it that ESPN is supposed to publish a report on an NCAA investigation into recruiting irregularities involving Memphis area players tomorrow that is said to effect multiple SEC programs. I haven't heard of anyone from Auburn being called for comment. We'll see because Auburn recruit Javon Robinson is thought to have triggered the NCAA curiosity. That said, I'm pretty positive Robinson isn't an issue.

MSU is knee deep in potential trouble already, it's very possible that it's MSU related issues led the NCAA to Memphis.
    Rumor has it that the writer is Joe Schad in which case, such an article is likely going to be long on speculation and innuendo, pretty short on facts, and even shorter on "likely to be right".

Turn Off Ads?