Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'd generally expect most folks to take the vows to their spouses more seriously than vows to their employers.
    Based on our current divorce rates, I don't see why you'd expect that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

From what I have read the past 6 years, if the NCAA comes to you and you tell them up front you cheated, they are willing to work with you. Its when you mislead them and then they have to get involved with 3rd parties that they bring hellfire down on your program.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

This Auburn situation is weird. On Saturday half of the my co-workers are calling for change at Auburn and then Sunday reality sets in and they realize no one is coming anytime soon. Give Chizik one more year. We are only a QB and a RB away from being good.

The other half is like the fans Rick and Bubba were talking about. These are the ones that talk about character and morals and what a great Christian man Chizik was (is) when he was hired. Fast forward two years and a 1-5 record and they don't care about morals or character--they only care about winning football games--so much so as to want a coach who is a proven liar and philanderer by the name of Bobby Petrino who will probably quit on them after losing the Indepedence Day bowl vs Baylor in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Bobby Petrino who will probably quit on them after losing the Indepedence Day bowl vs Baylor in 2015.
    I suppose that's possible. On the other hand, Petrino's last game at the two college head coaching jobs he's had were an Orange Bowl win and a Cotton Bowl win.

Great article about the current state of college football in Alabama

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...ne_chizik.html

and this is coming from a pro Auburn writer.

and this is coming from a pro Auburn writer.
    Scarbinsky isn't a pro Auburn writer. And you are quickly becoming very annoying. Then again, what do you expect from bammers?

There’s no excuse for 3-9 or 4-8 at Auburn. No excuse for 9-11 since the BCS title. No excuse for ugly losses to old rivals and uglier defeats against old doormats.
    There is truth in this statement but 2011-12 were supposed to be down years because of the Tubby bubble. But they weren't supposed to be this down and a case can be made that for all of the good that he is in fact doing, Chizik's decisions have played a role in how things are playing out on the field.

But all of the goodwill from 2010 has not been undone. Tide fans would like the accomplishment to somehow be diminished, but it still stands as a pinnacle achievement.

But ya, coaches get fired at traditional powerhouse programs for records like the ones of this season and last. Ultimately Chizik cant escape that. But he will leave the Tiger program in better shape then it was when he arrived. His successor will benefit greatly.

As an aside, Chizik's mother passed away last night. I truly feel for him and his family. This has been a very tough few months for them.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Alabama would be better off just cutting ties with this guy:

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121024/...ws|text|Sports

Alabama would be better off just cutting ties with this guy:

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121024/...ws|text|Sports
    Im not really sure this story has legs. It's difficult as things stand to see how this escalates into a smoking gun relating to a serious violation.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Roh roh.... Jay Gogue issued a statement about Auburn football today:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gogue;
    A Message to the Auburn Family about Auburn Football

The Auburn spirit is part of everything we do – in the classroom and beyond. It includes the spirit we show when we support those who represent us on the playing field.

Later today, Auburn students and the local community will gather to cheer on the football team as they practice. I encourage others to follow their example by coming together and getting behind the young men who wear the orange and blue each fall Saturday.

In the past few weeks, many of you have contacted me, and I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to share your thoughts about the football program. I know your concerns are sincere and heartfelt, and I share many of them. As we do every year, the football program will be evaluated in an objective, thorough and professional process.

For everything there is a time, and now is the time to support. The young men and women – our students – who make up Auburn University are grateful for the dedication of their extended Auburn Family. So am I.

War Eagle!

Jay Gogue
    It was a pretty simple statement, a statement that did not have to be made and did not mention support for coaches and did not get filtered through the AD's office. If some were expecting a boilerplate vote of confidence for Chizik, this wasn't it. In fact, it might be about as far away from a vote of confidence that you'll ever hear officially from a President of a major university.

If Auburn loses to A&M this weekend, it guarantees a losing season for the Tigers and ends the prospects for bowl eligibility. Traditionally, Auburn has waited until the season's end to evaluate the program (i.e. fire the head coach). No where does Gogue say Auburn would wait until the end of the season....

Intrigue on the Plains.

Adios, Honey Badger.

Four former LSU football players — including 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann “Honey Badger” Mathieu and ex-quarterback Jordan Jefferson — were arrested Thursday and charged with possession of marijuana, law enforcement sources told WAFB’s Jim Shannona Kiran Chawla.
    http://tracking.si.com/2012/10/25/ty...2_a8&eref=sihp

Way to cost yourself hundreds of thousands of dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Way to cost yourself hundreds of thousands of dollars...
    It's kind of mind boggling isn't it?

Aww, and one week after a puff piece in SI about how he has turned his life around.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Aww, and one week after a puff piece in SI about how he has turned his life around.
    I was thinking the same thing. I guess he turned it around 360 degrees instead of just 180.

Turn Off Ads?