Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Listening to some sports talk radio out of Knoxville. They're legitimately talking about Phil Fulmer returning.

Scarily enough, with the right assistants, that could be the right hire for them.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Listening to some sports talk radio out of Knoxville. They're legitimately talking about Phil Fulmer returning.

Scarily enough, with the right assistants, that could be the right hire for them.
    Sure but you're not going to get Chavis and Cutcliffe to come back. That's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sure but you're not going to get Chavis and Cutcliffe to come back. That's the problem
    They'd have to steal a couple good coordinators, that's for sure. And that may prove to be more difficult than hiring a head coach has been.

Hart has kind of backed himself into a corner with his mandate that candidates must have head coaching experience. That pool is dwindling fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    They'd have to steal a couple good coordinators, that's for sure. And that may prove to be more difficult than hiring a head coach has been.

Hart has kind of backed himself into a corner with his mandate that candidates must have head coaching experience. That pool is dwindling fast.
    Kentucky is proof positive of hiring coordinators right now. Defense is fine, but they've struck out on their top candidate and possibly their second one.

I'd like to see Tennessee look at Dana Holgorsen from WVU. Has an offense that would score points but he would have to hire a pretty good defensive coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hard to see how the Tennessee AD could have done worse at this, 'iturneddowntennessee' was trending on Twitter, the vols aren't that bad a job, certainly much better then schools that already have a guy on board.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hard to see how the Tennessee AD could have done worse at this, 'iturneddowntennessee' was trending on Twitter, the vols aren't that bad a job, certainly much better then schools that already have a guy on board.
    Tennessee is definitely a better job historically than Arkansas. Its not even close.

But it just seems like a mess in the AD's office.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm not thrilled with any of the choices who've turned them down so far. Gruden was never even a real option and I certainly didn't want "look at me, I'm 40" Mike Gundy. I'd rather have Butch Jones than Charlie Strong. I'd just as soon they take their time and get it right. No more Derek Dooleys.

I'm not thrilled with any of the choices who've turned them down so far. Gruden was never even a real option and I certainly didn't want "look at me, I'm 40" Mike Gundy. I'd rather have Butch Jones than Charlie Strong. I'd just as soon they take their time and get it right. No more Derek Dooleys.
    Gundy wouldn't have been a bad choice, but he's not leaving Okie State. Probably ever. Hart had to fly to Stillwater, Gundy picked him up at the airport and they did the interview at Gundy's house. Total waste of time.

I'd love Dana Holgorsen but quite honestly I don't think the jump from UWV now that they're in the Big 12 would be enough to make him leave the Mountaineers. For that reason, I haven't even seen his name mentioned
    He's would have been a more likely candidate than Mike Gundy. Gundy was at his alma mater and born and raised in Oklahoma.

I'd say losing five games in a row killed any chance of schools looking into Holgorsen, especially with a team ranked pretty highly to start the year. Had Holgorsen won and likely been in a BCS or even the Cotton Bowl this year, he likely would be at the top of SEC wish lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'd rather have Butch Jones than Charlie Strong.
    And there you go

A lot of Butch Jones' success at UT will revolve around who his assistants are. Can they coach and can they recruit? But UT fans really can't go wrong if you consider who he's replacing. Derek Dooley has to be among the worst coaches in recent SEC history

Sea Ray: you dodged a bullet on Charlie Strong. Much better chance for Jones to be big time than Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Sea Ray: you dodged a bullet on Charlie Strong. Much better chance for Jones to be big time than Strong.
    Just curious, why no love for Strong? I truthfully don't know much about him, would like to see why you don't think he'd be a good fit for a big time program. I'm not saying he WOULD be, I honestly don't know.

Texas Tech looks like the place you want coach at until your past works itself out.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Just curious, why no love for Strong?
    He is a UK fan. Strong coaches at Louisville.

Turn Off Ads?