Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

To me, the best part is how he seems to suck up the fumble with his left hand. Dude probably would have scored if his own guys hadn't rolled up on his legs. Totally freakish.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 01-01-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love New Year's Day because it's a so awesome to see bitter rivals root for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I love New Year's Day because it's a so awesome to see bitter rivals root for each other.
    It was heartwarming to see buckeye nation so passionately root for the wolverines.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It was heartwarming to see buckeye nation so passionately root for the wolverines.
    You see it more and more every year in the name of 'conference pride.'

Ya, I knew the big ten had jumped the shark when they dreamed up foo foo division names like "leaders" and "legends".

War Irish BTW.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I don't know if its so much conference pride as it is sheer hatred (jealousy) of the SEC.

I was at a New Years Eve party and one of the guys there was a Buckeye fan who you could tell was pulling against every team in the SEC. He basically said he didn't like the style of play in the SEC compared to the Big Ten, nevermind the fact the SEC has a pretty dominant streak of national championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ya, I knew the big ten had jumped the shark when they dreamed up foo foo division names like "leaders" and "legends".
    At least they're good at... Basketball.

I'm a born and raised UK fan who grew up just ten minutes from the campus, but I've always rooted for fellow SEC schools in the post-season, whether it's football, basketball or baseball. It's certainly a conference pride thing, but it also helps that's UK's two most bitter rivals, by far (Louisville and Indiana), are not in the SEC. There's no way I could ever root for either of them -- in any sport.

I'll never root for UT in any sport. And I'll never root for UK basketball or Bama football. Everyone else is more or less unobjectionable.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I'm a born and raised UK fan who grew up just ten minutes from the campus, but I've always rooted for fellow SEC schools in the post-season, whether it's football, basketball or baseball. It's certainly a conference pride thing, but it also helps that's UK's two most bitter rivals, by far (Louisville and Indiana), are not in the SEC. There's no way I could ever root for either of them -- in any sport.
    I think being able to root for your rivals in Bowl games is a healthy thing. It shows you're grounded and that you don't take sports to a "hating level". People who do that in sports need to get a life IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'll never root for UT in any sport. And I'll never root for UK basketball or Bama football. Everyone else is more or less unobjectionable.
    I sure rooted for Vandy in the Music City Bowl and I'm happy that they've tasted success. As a UT person it'll mean more when we beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I sure rooted for Vandy in the Music City Bowl and I'm happy that they've tasted success. As a UT person it'll mean more when we beat you.
    Nah... I like beating UT regardless of how good they are.

Nah... I like beating UT regardless of how good they are.
    Try beating up on a team for 30 years straight...trust me it gets boring after awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Try beating up on a team for 30 years straight...trust me it gets boring after awhile
    Nah. Beating UT will never get old.

Nah. Beating UT will never get old.
    I understand how you can't fathom beating another team for 30 striaght years and I doubt you'll ever experience it

Turn Off Ads?