Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    SEC teams can only sign 25 players with restrictive exceptions in the event a previous signing class was not filled.
    Since.....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What do OSU fans think about Gordon Gee?
    I think most are ready for him to stop talking sports in public. But as far as the university goes, it all comes down to money. Gee is possibly the best fundraiser in the country.

4. Likes:

bucksfan2 (05-31-2013)

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Simply put, the greatest rebuttal ever from Drew Franklin at Kentucky Sports Radio:
    Since that passage translated to "you're damn straight we value excellence in athletics more than academics," is that a rebuttal or a co-sign?

Never been a Gee fan, though. I thought Dan Wetzel summed it up well in an article yesterday:

It would be easy for the rest of the country to brush of old E. Gordon as just a guy in Ohio with a lack of self-awareness who either entertains them or infuriates them or is just worth ignoring. How much is your life influenced by some far-off school president?

The problem is he's spent his career moonlighting as one of the chief busybodies and reformers of the NCAA. ...

E. Gordon Gee is the NCAA: tone deaf, clumsy, situationally arrogant and obsessed with bringing in more and more money (and making sure Delany, or anyone else, doesn't then get their paws on it).
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Since.....
    Since 2011.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Looks like MSU will be getting a very special letter from the NCAA tomorrow morning.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I wonder if big ten fans see the actual infractions and the penalties and wonder what the heck is going on here?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...probation-ncaa

I think the NCAA basically just told MSU to start paying players because the penalty handed out is pretty light IMHO.

I wonder if big ten fans see the actual infractions and the penalties and wonder what the heck is going on here?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...probation-ncaa

I think the NCAA basically just told MSU to start paying players because the penalty handed out is pretty light IMHO.

There is no Camelot in college concerning this kind of story:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Four vandy football players have been suspended and this is a developing story.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    There is no Camelot in college concerning this kind of story:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Four vandy football players have been suspended and this is a developing story.
    I don't know about any of these anymore. Headlines appear everyone is shocked, 2 months later the story changes. Ohio State had something like this several months back.I think it ended up with someone quietly leaving school.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't know about any of these anymore. Headlines appear everyone is shocked, 2 months later the story changes. Ohio State had something like this several months back.I think it ended up with someone quietly leaving school.
    Allegedly, the events that occurred at Vandetbilt mostly played out in front of security cameras, so we will likely have a fairly clear idea of what went down if it came to a physical level. Also allegedly, this incident involves 3 freshmen who all redshirted this past year and one incoming freshman.

Jojo--We already knew it wasn't Camelot. In Franklin's first season, a walk-on was involved in a burglary, this past spring, two kids who had been on the team got into an altercation outside a bar and one was allegedly stabbed, and a starting DT was suspended for team rule and academic violations.

Everybody at Vandy loves the 9-4. But this crap will put Franklin on the hot seat post haste. I sure as hell hope it does. And I love the guy. But this will not do.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

This doesn't come as a surprise to me but Auburn fans are ranked as the most loyal fans in college fooltball:

Discover Calls SEC Fans Most Loyal in College Football
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-...lege-football/

3 Big Ten teams in the top 5

The top five groups of super fans follow:
    Auburn
    Nebraska
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Iowa

Man, other than Auburn SEC fans apparently don't care much for footbal. They all must go to the games for the marching band.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Man, other than Auburn SEC fans apparently don't care much for footbal. They all must go to the games for the marching band.
    Apparently a higher percentage of Auburn fans do more than tailgate.

Two A&M players arrested for assault-both are listed as starters coming out of spring practice.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Vegas odds are 1500:1 that Sumlin actually doles out a penalty that affects the Aggies on the field.

Turn Off Ads?