Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1005

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Holy false equivalencies Batman!!!!
    You can respond or evade as you so desire. Fact is, it's about choosing what you believe. Trained medical doctors declared him physically unable to compete. Unless you can provide evidence that Gulledge's health did meet their standards, I'll trust the expert opinion.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    NL Central champs

While your little emoticon guy is rolling it's eyes, it can also keep ignoring the reality of Bama roster management. Saban can't sign 125 guys to keep them from oing elsewhere like Bear did. For instance, if Saban signs say 97, he has to make 12 go away.
    How do you know that all 97 of those athletes recieved full ride football scholarships? This link shows a roster of 100+ athletes competing for UA, which obviously means that walk-ons are listed on the rosters too.

This link lists exactly who left the Alabama football team and their reason for doing so.

NL Central champs

JoJo used this Mark Schlabach quote earlier in the thread, I think the same applies to Alabama.

There is a lot of money to be made by writing negative stories about Auburn (true or not). Our audience wants to read dirt on Auburn so we give them what they want. This is not NPR. ESPN is a business and we have to do what is best for our bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    You can respond or evade as you so desire. Fact is, it's about choosing what you believe. Trained medical doctors declared him physically unable to compete. Unless you can provide evidence that Gulledge's health did meet their standards, I'll trust the expert opinion.
    If you can't differentiate between an actual investigation and Bama finding a doctor to sign on the dotted line to push some paperwork, then I don't really see the potential for an actual discussion.

But hey, at least you're trolling in a thread that is somewhat content appropriate this time.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    How do you know that all 97 of those athletes recieved full ride football scholarships? This link shows a roster of 100+ athletes competing for UA, which obviously means that walk-ons are listed on the rosters too.

This link lists exactly who left the Alabama football team and their reason for doing so.
    Bama's attrition magically totaled 12? The exact total they needed to reach 85? What fortunate luck!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

If you can't differentiate between an actual investigation and Bama finding a doctor to sign on the dotted line to push some paperwork, then I don't really see the potential for an actual discussion.

But hey, at least you're trolling in a thread that is somewhat content appropriate this time.
    So, what you're suggesting here is that you find an investigation by the NCAA to be credible, while the opinion of medical doctors to not reach your standard?

On the trolling, I'm trying to have a civil discussion. I'd appreciate you leave the personal attacks out. I'm just looking for proof that I shouldn't trust these trained doctors' opinions, as you seem to be implying.

NL Central champs

The UA Medical Staff conducts the physicals for the football players. They decided that it was unsafe for Caleb Gulledge to play football. UA did not go out and "find a doctor to sign on the dotted line".

NL Central champs

Bama's attrition magically totaled 12? The exact total they needed to reach 85? What fortunate luck!
    I'm still not convinced that they ever had 97 scholarship athletes in the first place.

I'm still not convinced that they ever had 97 scholarship athletes in the first place.
    Given their signing class, they would've had 97. Of course, now it's no longer a problem.

The UA Medical Staff conducts the physicals for the football players. They decided that it was unsafe for Caleb Gulledge to play football. UA did not go out and "find a doctor to sign on the dotted line".
    JSU has such a large endowment, they can afford the lawsuit that would result from playing guys who shouldnt be medically cleared. It's certainly worth the risk too given the huge bowl payouts they stand to get.

So, what you're suggesting here is that you find an investigation by the NCAA to be credible, while the opinion of medical doctors to not reach your standard?

On the trolling, I'm trying to have a civil discussion. I'd appreciate you leave the personal attacks out. I'm just looking for proof that I shouldn't trust these trained doctors' opinions, as you seem to be implying.
    I'm saying an exhaustive investigation is not the same as a team doctor signing a form and it's patently silly to suggest they are equivalent.

At least your attmpt at "civil discussion" is in a somewhat context appropriate thread tortured and transparent as it is.

I'm saying an exhaustive investigation is not the same as a team doctor signing a form and it's patently silly to suggest they are equivalent.

At least your attmpt at "civil discussion" is in a somewhat context appropriate thread tortured and transparent as it is.
    So an "exhaustive investigation" by what most deem to a corrupt body works for you, while a medical opinion does not.

Seems to me someone may adjust their standards of credibility as to satisfy their own desires. But that's just my opinion, though I'm sure that doesn't level with the scrutiny at which you apply to all things that don't suit your prerogative.

Again, I'm simply looking for evidence as to why I should not trust these doctors. Until you can provide that, I'll go ahead and trust the trained physicians. And must you resort to snide commentary at the end of each post? Let's be adults.

So an "exhaustive investigation" by what most deem to a corrupt body works for you, while a medical opinion does not.

Seems to me someone may adjust their standards of credibility as to satisfy their own desires. But that's just my opinion, though I'm sure that doesn't level with the scrutiny at which you apply to all things that don't suit your prerogative.

Again, I'm simply looking for evidence as to why I should not trust these doctors. Until you can provide that, I'll go ahead and trust the trained physicians. And must you resort to snide commentary at the end of each post? Let's be adults.
    Again it's silly to argue equivalency in this instance. Its a huge tell that exposes bias and motivation to argue that a university that needs to reduce scholarships medically booting a player that another university apparently thinks is fit to play is above reproach while an NCAA investigation is inherently untrustworthy.

You've had your chance to use this as an opportunity to post your thought about me in your "attempt at civil discussion". You're now on ignore.

Again it's silly to argue equivalency in this instance. Its a huge tell that exposes bias and motivation to argue that a university that needs to reduce scholarships medically booting a player that another university apparently thinks is fit to play is above reproach while an NCAA investigation is inherently untrustworthy.

You've had your chance to use this as an opportunity to post your thought about me in your "attempt at civil discussion". You're now on ignore.
    Way to be a big man. I'll try to sleep tonight.

I suggest that if you want to dish out condescension (as you so often do), you learn to take it a little better.

We reached 1000 posts just in time.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?