Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    LSU has played the hardest schedule in the country, they're undefeated and some folks are trying to poke holes in their season. That is tortured indeed.
    I think there is a difference between poking holes in their season and looking at where potential weakness is and how LSU might be beaten.

LSU is absolutely the #1 team in the country and because of a great schedule have proven that on the field through the first 10-11 weeks of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No question LSU's beatable as are all the college teams this year

Bama fans are crowing that they are the better team and essentially have assumed a victory in their "inevitable" BCS game rematch but this weekend's game is a potential trap game for Bama.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Bama fans are crowing that they are the better team and essentially have assumed a victory in their "inevitable" BCS game rematch but this weekend's game is a potential trap game for Bama.
    It's for that reason alone, I will be rooting for Okie State the rest of the way.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am with them, if the game happens. I don't think the game will happen, but if they played again and I had to bet money, I would put it on Alabama and wouldn't have to think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am with them, if the game happens. I don't think the game will happen, but if they played again and I had to bet money, I would put it on Alabama and wouldn't have to think twice about it.
    You can't put Alabama a team who already had a shot in the title game if you have Okie State or Stanford sitting undefeated with challenges from Oklahoma and Oregon left on the schedule. If you had a contest on what the matchup would be I would say Stanford vs LSU for the title (I don't think Okie St plays any defense and that will hurt them somewhere).

It would be almost the ultimate brains vs brawn matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    You can't put Alabama a team who already had a shot in the title game if you have Okie State or Stanford sitting undefeated with challenges from Oklahoma and Oregon left on the schedule. If you had a contest on what the matchup would be I would say Stanford vs LSU for the title (I don't think Okie St plays any defense and that will hurt them somewhere).

It would be almost the ultimate brains vs brawn matchup.
    I agree with what you said. My post was if the rematch happened, what I would do. The only way a rematch happens is if both Stanford and Oklahoma State lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I agree with what you said. My post was if the rematch happened, what I would do. The only way a rematch happens is if both Stanford and Oklahoma State lose.
    Which, sadly, I think will happen (Oregon and Oklahoma, respectively).

At which point, I will be all for an LSU-Boise game. (Assuming Boise wins out.)

Reading some of the responses to the LSU/Bama game in this thread make me feel a bit bemused.

I saw that game as an amazing slugfest between two true heavyweights of college football. Both have exploitable flaws, but that was an amazing struggle with incredible athletes all over the field.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Reading some of the responses to the LSU/Bama game in this thread make me feel a bit bemused.

I saw that game as an amazing slugfest between two true heavyweights of college football. Both have exploitable flaws, but that was an amazing struggle with incredible athletes all over the field.
    I enjoyed the game, but it's not what I would want to watch on a weekly basis.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I enjoyed the game, but it's not what I would want to watch on a weekly basis.

GL
    No but fans complain about how no one plays defense any more and then when there's a game like that they say it's boring. Just no pleasing some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

What a tragic weekend for the BCS.... Now it looks like it's up to Auburn to maintain the integrity of the national championship.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

What a tragic weekend for the BCS.... Now it looks like it's up to Auburn to maintain the integrity of the national championship.
    Don't worry, at some point they'll further screw up CFB by instituting a playoff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Don't worry, at some point they'll further screw up CFB by instituting a playoff too.
    If LSU ends up with one loss, there could be no team with an airtight argument or being in the BCS championship game....

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    No Vanderbilt football player has ever played in 2 bowl games. Ever.

My prediction: that will be untrue by the time this year's freshmen graduate. And I'm a pessimist. God, how I love watching them win conference games, I don't care who it's against.
    It's going to happen a lot faster than I thought it would.

James Franklin is a coaching god.

So happy for those seniors. Especially Larry Smith. Love that kid.
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...s-record-style

Turn Off Ads?