Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forecasted Minor League Free Agents

Re: Forecasted Minor League Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I don't know for sure that Tanner signed a two-year contract. I just know it'd be weird for him to sign a contract just to pitch one game for an organization. That's usually reserved for publicity stunts and whatnot. The Reds have a need at pitcher, and Louisville is a great place to play, so I could see what the draw would be for Tanner to sign on for more than the last few days of the season.
    I hope the Reds hold on to Tanner. Suddenly the Reds are left with very little at AAA for rotation depth. He was a 3rd round pick in 2007. He was nothing great, but at least he came into last year as one of SF's top 30 prospects and his minor league numbers haven't been awful. He's only 23, he's a lefty and being from Australia may make him a little bit of a late bloomer compared to others. I prefer him at AAA to some 28 Y/O career minor leaguer. All the other guys slated for AAA look like they are well past any prospect days.

Heck, I'd stick him on the 40 man roster. I don't really see anyobdy who isn't already on that they absolutely have to add. Maybe H-Rod. Not really any others.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11. That's six full seasons.
    Right. But it's guys who were drafted in 05 (played in 05.) That half season may not count. It is quite tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Right. But it's guys who were drafted in 05 (played in 05.) That half season may not count. It is quite tedious.
    I thought it was 6 full seasons in the minors. If he signed in November of 05, its the same as if he was drafted in June of 05 correct? It still leads to being in an organization for 6 full seasons.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

-The Insider-

I thought it was 6 full seasons in the minors. If he signed in November of 05, its the same as if he was drafted in June of 05 correct? It still leads to being in an organization for 6 full seasons.
    I don't know.

-The Insider-

Offical list:

Cincinnati Reds (17)
    RHP: James Avery (AA), Jerry Gil (AAA), Tim Gustafson (AA), Justin Lehr (AA), Ruben Medina (Hi A), Chris Mobley (AA), Doug Salinas (Hi A)
    C: Corky Miller (AAA), James Skelton (AAA)
    1B: Carlos Mendez (Hi A)
    2B: Jose Castro (AAA), Jose Gualdron (Hi A)
    3B: Eric Campbell (AA), Mike Costanzo (AAA)
    OF: Quintin Berry (AAA), David Cook (AAA), Michael Griffin (AAA)
    Miguel Rojas is NOT a free agent.

So, what's the deal with these dudes? Is there a window in which the organization can negotiate with them exclusively, or are the Reds now simply in the bidding with everybody else?

Campbell and Berry were very good signs this year. I hope they're retained. Avery may be worth another shot, considering the lack of pitching depth in the organization. Gil, as well. Corky is obviously valuable, and Skelton earns points for competency at an important position.

-The Insider-

They had a period. I don't know when that period ended (sometime in October I believe.) So now it's fair game.

Thanks, 21. I suppose that means there might have been other potential free agents whom they already re-upped.

-The Insider-

As in?

I don't know who they might be, if any. Just seems like there were more names on the initial list.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    As in?
    Cochran?

-The Insider-

Possibly. Cochran should be on it. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head though.

Cochran?
    He was released.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...e-agents-2011/

Complete list of all teams' minor league free agents
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...-7/#more-13413

Cincinnati Reds
    Signed: C Corky Miller (re-signed), OF Daryl Jones
    The Cardinals had high hopes for their ’05 third-rounder Daryl Jones, but the athletic outfielder stalled at Double-A with too little range or instincts for center and too little power for a corner. The 24-year-old batted .263/.353/.389 over 1,168 plate appearances for Springfield, where he spent the bulk of the past four seasons

Turn Off Ads?