Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Evaluate this trade

  1. #1
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Evaluate this trade

    Which team got the better of this deal? It is a 10 team, PPR, dynasty league (keep as many as you want as long as you want).

    Team A gets:
    Chris Johnson
    Marshawn Lynch
    Mohammad Massaquoi
    Lance Kendricks
    4th round pick in next year's rookie/free agent draft

    Team B gets:
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Brandon Marshall
    Beanie Wells
    Jermaine Greshem
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Team B all the way. Chris Johnson is great and all but if you look at it like this ..

    Johnson for Bradshaw & Marshall

    Lynch, Massaquoi, Kendricks, 4th rnd for Beanie & Gresham

    The first trade is fair, I'd take Beanie & Gresham in the 2nd trade every time.
    Matta = Really good

  4. #3
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,245

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Team B is getting a lopsided deal. I see it the same as Buckeye33. Essentially Johnson and junk for a 4 really useful guys.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  5. #4
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Also, in this league we start 3 RB and 4 WR, if that makes a difference.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

  6. #5
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,245

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Also, in this league we start 3 RB and 4 WR, if that makes a difference.
    Still lopsided to team B.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  7. #6
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    With Gore out I need a RB.

    I was offered.
    FJax and J. Best for
    McFadden and B. Marshall.

    That's an easy "no", right?

  8. #7
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,296

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Trade advice as well. Keeper league. You start QB, RB, WR, WR, 2 Flex, TE, D. You can have a kicker start as a flex position.

    Here is a breakdown of my team
    QB: Matt Ryan, Cutler
    RB: MJD, Steven Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu
    WR: Miles Austin, AJ Green, Plax,
    TE: Gronk
    D: Pack and Lions

    The rest of my team is basically fodder. Ernest Graham, Kendell Hunter, A. Benn, etc.

    Anyway someone in the league is offering Rivers for RB. I mentioned trading MJD for him and he responded with MJD and Matt Ryan. Now its a 4 keeper league and my keepers right now look like MJD, Steven Jackson, AJ Green, and Miles Austin. Is MJD and Ryan too steep a price to pay for Rivers? Without MJD my starting RB's would be Steven Jackson and Daniel Thomas.

  9. #8
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,245

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Trade advice as well. Keeper league. You start QB, RB, WR, WR, 2 Flex, TE, D. You can have a kicker start as a flex position.

    Here is a breakdown of my team
    QB: Matt Ryan, Cutler
    RB: MJD, Steven Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu
    WR: Miles Austin, AJ Green, Plax,
    TE: Gronk
    D: Pack and Lions

    The rest of my team is basically fodder. Ernest Graham, Kendell Hunter, A. Benn, etc.

    Anyway someone in the league is offering Rivers for RB. I mentioned trading MJD for him and he responded with MJD and Matt Ryan. Now its a 4 keeper league and my keepers right now look like MJD, Steven Jackson, AJ Green, and Miles Austin. Is MJD and Ryan too steep a price to pay for Rivers? Without MJD my starting RB's would be Steven Jackson and Daniel Thomas.
    What are your keeper rules? How long could you hold Rivers and/or Ryan? MJD is not a long term guy in my book.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  10. #9
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,245

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    With Gore out I need a RB.

    I was offered.
    FJax and J. Best for
    McFadden and B. Marshall.

    That's an easy "no", right?
    No, and you get to make fun of the guy in the response line.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  11. #10
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,296

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    What are your keeper rules? How long could you hold Rivers and/or Ryan? MJD is not a long term guy in my book.
    For as long as possible. I think I am going to turn it down. The trade we discussed was Ryan and MJD for Rivers and Reggie Bush. My problem was that there wasn't too much of a difference between Ryan and Rivers to make me willing to part with MJD.

  12. #11
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,719

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Trade advice as well. Keeper league. You start QB, RB, WR, WR, 2 Flex, TE, D. You can have a kicker start as a flex position.

    Here is a breakdown of my team
    QB: Matt Ryan, Cutler
    RB: MJD, Steven Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu
    WR: Miles Austin, AJ Green, Plax,
    TE: Gronk
    D: Pack and Lions

    The rest of my team is basically fodder. Ernest Graham, Kendell Hunter, A. Benn, etc.

    Anyway someone in the league is offering Rivers for RB. I mentioned trading MJD for him and he responded with MJD and Matt Ryan. Now its a 4 keeper league and my keepers right now look like MJD, Steven Jackson, AJ Green, and Miles Austin. Is MJD and Ryan too steep a price to pay for Rivers? Without MJD my starting RB's would be Steven Jackson and Daniel Thomas.
    I would keep Ryan and MJD.
    Ryan and Cutler should get you a pretty good amount of points even if they don't get what the top QBs get.
    MJD is a guy that you can usually count on getting his carries and will usually stay in the game even when his team his down due to his pass catching ability.

  13. #12
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,245

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Yeah no on that one too. Reggie Bush is fantasy poison.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  14. #13
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,296

    Re: Evaluate this trade

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    I would keep Ryan and MJD.
    Ryan and Cutler should get you a pretty good amount of points even if they don't get what the top QBs get.
    MJD is a guy that you can usually count on getting his carries and will usually stay in the game even when his team his down due to his pass catching ability.
    Ryan actually was one of my biggest mistakes. You were allowed to keep 4 players and I kept Ryan, MJD, Steven Jackson, and Miles Austin while letting Vincent Jackson go. Ryan was one of the "weaker" keepers but I was high on him.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25