Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wildman Walker fired

Wildman Walker fired

I was surprised to see this hasn't been discussed.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/...ildman-walker/

I guess everything (and everyone) runs its'/their course. Never thought I'd see this one though.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Wildman Walker fired

When I interned at the WLW sports department, he one of the nicest people to me. Just a flat out gentleman. Let me use his desk, talked to me like I was more than just an intern. Hate to see anyone lose their job.

He kept me entertained during many a drive to high school.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'll echo Dom -- I've met the Wildman several times, and he's been nothing but a fantastic individual each time.

It's kinda sad, but radio has turned into a barren wasteland of awful over the last 10 years. Like many things, though, the trend just took a little longer to hit Cincinnati. I'm very glad I have an XM Radio so that I can listen to Howard or O&A in the mornings and not bother with the garbage the local FM / AM scene has to offer.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Retired

That is pretty crappy, they have both been on WEBN forever. Some of Wildman's rants on Danny Graves and Nancy Zimpher were epic.

Anybody ever gone to his bar in St Bernard? Is it worth trying? I think it's called Boomerang's. Does he still do the Cyclones PA work at home games?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'll echo Dom -- I've met the Wildman several times, and he's been nothing but a fantastic individual each time.

It's kinda sad, but radio has turned into a barren wasteland of awful over the last 10 years. Like many things, though, the trend just took a little longer to hit Cincinnati. I'm very glad I have an XM Radio so that I can listen to Howard or O&A in the mornings and not bother with the garbage the local FM / AM scene has to offer.
    Cincinnati radio is a barren wasteland of crap. Im "lucky" that I live far enough north to pick up the Dayton stations. That's sad.

I do like the iheartradio app, however.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Anybody ever gone to his bar in St Bernard? Is it worth trying? I think it's called Boomerang's. Does he still do the Cyclones PA work at home games?
    His bar is kind of a dive, from what I've heard. And yes, he still does PA for the Cyclones. Having been to a fair share of minor-league hockey games, he's very good at it, IMO.

Been a long time since I've listened to the Dawn Patrol. Once they lost Robin Wood and Eddie Fingers, I stopped listening.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Zoinks!

Also fired on the same day was Bob "The Producer" Berry. I thought some his stuff was great and another super nice person.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Although I agree that it is sad, once you have done Rock n Roll for 25 years, you are too old to do Rock n Roll.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Although I agree that it is sad, once you have done Rock n Roll for 25 years, you are too old to do Rock n Roll.
    Have you listened to WEBN's playlist? I'd say the majority of the stuff they play is 20-25 years old.

Overheard a couple of Cumulus guys at work today in the bathroom discussing the possibility of reuniting the Dawn Patrol. Don't know how serious it was, but they didn't know I was in the bathroom...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Overheard more at Cumulus HQ today. Apparently it would be at least 2 months before anything could be done.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?