Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cole Green Suspended 50 Games

All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cole Green Suspended 50 Games

In a related note, Daniel Tuttle will be coming off his suspension after about five games of 2012, I think.

Sounds like it was from using a nasal decongestant. Good to see it's something "minor" and not a hardcore PED. Hopefully, lesson learned and he learns to get with trainers before putting anything in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Sounds like it was from using a nasal decongestant. Good to see it's something "minor" and not a hardcore PED. Hopefully, lesson learned and he learns to get with trainers before putting anything in his body.
    What decongestant has that ingredient in it?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What decongestant has that ingredient in it?
    steroids are in a lot of prescription meds, I have asthma and use meds that have a small amount of roids in it, he may have been fighting an infection

Apparently it's in a lot of supplements under a plethora of different names.

Like I said earlier, I don't think the kid really did anything wrong here, just learned a hard lesson to clear the things he puts in his body by the team trainer...

Actually, this raises a question that I don't know the answer to: Do minor league teams have trainers that are thorough on their knowledge of what is allowed and disallowed, supplement/drug wise? I know that MLB players have a ton of resources to make sure, but not sure about the guys in the minors.

Anyone know?

Yes, the trainers are on top of that. If a player has a sore throat or anything else, he goes to the trainer. The trainer gives the player the appropriate medication. If the illness needs to go to the next level, the trainer gets the player in to see the team doctor, who writes a prescription. It is all very much by the book. The team doctor or trainer would never prescribe something that was going to result in a positive test. Typically, a player would not be in a Walgreens. He would just go to the trainer.

In terms of supplements or something you might buy at GNC (or even some energy drinks), players can check with the trainer if they have any doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    steroids are in a lot of prescription meds, I have asthma and use meds that have a small amount of roids in it, he may have been fighting an infection
    Baseball tests for anabolic steroids, not the type you reference.

Guys its time to stop trying to kid yourself about this matter.

Personally, I'm glad that Cole Green is competitive and cared so much about doing well that he was willing to explore every avenue. Hopefully he learned his lesson and moves on without another hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    I was trying to get folks to come to that conclusion in a slightly different way, but I gotta agree with you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
    Not everyone is trying to cheat. About two months ago an NFL player won a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a company because he tested positive for steroids because of their product he was using that was supposed to be steroid free. Sometimes these things happen. While I am not sure I buy everyone's excuse, that doesn't mean that they are all lying when they say that they weren't trying to take steroids.

Probably fairly innocent but more stupid than anything. Most likely, a case of a player thinking he was getting a little extra energy out of some supplement that someone turned him onto at some point, maybe even a product you could buy over the counter, and the player did not stop to think about the possibility of getting caught or whether the supplement might have a substance that would trigger a positive.

It is not always about having the extra energy in the game, either. Guy pitches on a Saturday night, then there is a day game the next day, strength/conditioning coach wants him to get his running in early. He might have gone out for a while after the game. They are college-age. Or those 6 a.m. wake up calls to catch the team bus for the next city come pretty early after a game that ended at 11 p.m. the night before. You are supposed to be able to deal with it within the rules, though.

It is not always the stereotypical image of the muscle bound player injecting himself with a syringe. Some clubhouses have stopped providing Red Bull and other similar products to avoid the liability of being linked to a player failing a test.

Any player with a brain MUST check with the trainer on this stuff to protect themselves but sometimes they don't want to for various reasons. Hard lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not everyone is trying to cheat. About two months ago an NFL player won a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a company because he tested positive for steroids because of their product he was using that was supposed to be steroid free. Sometimes these things happen. While I am not sure I buy everyone's excuse, that doesn't mean that they are all lying when they say that they weren't trying to take steroids.
    Methylhexaneamine was the substance tested positive for.

I take issue with the notion that it was in the form of a nasal decongesant, which is what an early post in this thread implied. Just what nasal decongestant are we talking about, and where would one get it at? This isn't something you just pick up at your local CVS. Starting with the article's author, I just think sometimes people don't know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Methylhexaneamine was the substance tested positive for.

I take issue with the notion that it was in the form of a nasal decongesant, which is what an early post in this thread implied. Just what nasal decongestant are we talking about, and where would one get it at? This isn't something you just pick up at your local CVS. Starting with the article's author, I just think sometimes people don't know what they are talking about.
    http://drugfreesportrec.blogspot.com...amylamine.html

Turn Off Ads?