Renteria - 6
    Votto - 3
    Bruce - 9
    Heisey - 7
    Stubbs - 8
    Frazier - 5
    Hernandez - 2
    Wood - 1
    Game may be delayed as it has been raining steadily. They should be able to take at least two from the worst team in baseball at home. I would say they should sweep, but it looks like the Reds just wants the season to end. Wood has only faced 12 batters since being recalled. He should be rested. An effective outing would be nice to see, heading into 2012. It can't hurt anything.

From the Dusty One:
    "If we were going to the playoffs, it would be a tough road, said Baker. "I was thinking about that the other day."
    Fantasizing would have been a better choice of words. I haven't had playoffs thoughts since the Mets swept the Reds near the end of July.

Phillips, Renteria, Votto and Stubbs all with success against J.A. Happ in limited ABs.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: AAA-stros @ Cincy - Monday - 9/19/2011

Going with Phillips, Renteria, Votto and Bruce in the first four slots for the third game in a row and why not? Two hits in each of the last two games. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Big game for Wood auditioning for next year.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    He has the perfect opponent. This AAA-stros team is pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    Stupid pitching him tonight, he had to pitch in Saturdays blow out for some reason, going I think 2 innings. When you have a bullpen chocked full of relievers why in the world would you pitch a starting pitcher in the 8th and 9th inning...oh wait we are in Bakerworld....

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He has the perfect opponent. This AAA-stros team is pitiful.
    didn't they beat us 2 out of 3 just a while back in Houston?

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    didn't they beat us 2 out of 3 just a while back in Houston?
    Yes, they did. But they are 52-100. They have scored 44 runs in 15 September games. Right at 3 a game. The Reds are at home. They should be plenty beatable. If the Reds can't handle the Astros things are pretty bleak.

Yes, they did. But they are 52-100. They have scored 44 runs in 15 September games. Right at 3 a game. The Reds are at home. They should be plenty beatable. If the Reds can't handle the Astros things are pretty bleak.
    I really think most of the players have checked out already and just want to get the season over. Add in that the horrible pitching handling Dusty has shown nothing would surprise me.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I really think most of the players have checked out already and just want to get the season over. Add in that the horrible pitching handling Dusty has shown nothing would surprise me.
    I think you are right on both counts. And I thought that was Dusty's strong suit. His rapport with his players. They would 'run through a wall for him'. I guess the players don't value a winning record quite as much as Baker does. Which is actually sad. It has been reported that the players quit on Dusty his last season in Chicago as well. So much for being besties and letting the inmates run the asylum. That only works when a team is winning.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-19-2011 at 06:54 PM.

I think you are right on both counts. And I thought that was Dusty's strong suit. His rapport with his players. They would 'run through a wall for him'. I guess the players don't value a winning record quite as much as Baker does. Which is actually sad. It has been reported that the players quit on Dusty his last season in Chicago as well. So much for being besties and letting the inmates run the asylum. That only works when a team is winning.
    What does having a winning record really get you unless you are in the playoffs, I mean really would you push it to say "hey we finished 3rd" and risk injury.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

We have baseball.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Line drive base hit. Bourgeois steals on the first pitch. Runner in scoring position. Altuve sac bunt. Bourgeois standing on third. Big K for out number two. El Caballo up. Lee draws a walk. Downs walks. Is D-Train pitching? Bases clogged. Paredes takes a page out of the Cincinnati playbook and pops up on the first pitch after back-to-back walks. Inning over. That is the manager's fault. The take sign is always an option.
    Last edited by texasdave; 09-19-2011 at 07:19 PM.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Number of home runs combined by this Astros lineup? 50.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

St. Louis up 2-0 on the Phils. They didn't quit. Cardinals fought back to the fringe of the WC race. Reds said fuggedaboutit.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Baltimore up 2-0 in the top of the first. Gotta love it. 3-0.

Turn Off Ads?