Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rays/Red Sox

Rays/Red Sox

Rays are now only back 1.5 games. Pretty incredible, eh? How epic of a collapse would it be if the Rays make the playoffs and the Red Sox lose out? Not as bad as the Mets recent collapse I don't think, but it would definitely be up there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rays/Red Sox

I wish it was the Yankees doing this. They have never done it and I think they deserve one.

I still do not get how that team has won with basically CC and Nova.....and the Fat Tub of Goo with Stem Cells in his arm.... Freddy FREAKING Garcia and AJ "Sybil" Burnett.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I wish it was the Yankees doing this. They have never done it and I think they deserve one.

I still do not get how that team has won with basically CC and Nova.....and the Fat Tub of Goo with Stem Cells in his arm.... Freddy FREAKING Garcia and AJ "Sybil" Burnett.
    Their offense can cover up a lot of starting pitching deficiencies. I was looking at their run differential and they have an insane +205. Plus, having the best reliever in the history of the game at the back of the bullpen helps as well.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

It's back to a 2 game lead now as BOS won the nightcap.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

The Yankees starters have pitched well, it's the Red Sox starting pitching that has completely fallen apart. They've gotten something like 3 quality starts in their last 20 games.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Maybe the most interesting part of this, the Rays and Yankees still play each other 7 more times, one of them has to lose each of those games, so there's some potential for a 3 way tie if the Red Sox can stop their free fall, or at least keep it close all the way down to the last few games.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

I am rooting for the team with the lowest payroll.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Go Rays
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Their offense can cover up a lot of starting pitching deficiencies. I was looking at their run differential and they have an insane +205. Plus, having the best reliever in the history of the game at the back of the bullpen helps as well.
    That amazes me as well. The only consistent offensive threat has been Curtis Granderson. The guy who no one questions as to how all of a sudden he can hit homers to deep CF in Toronto on breaking balls on the outside corner. People will buy the HGH stuff about Bautista but no....this guy must be a legit cuz he's a Yankee. And that's what happens when you're a Yankee.

Ok rant aside...... really who besides Tex, here and there....has really helped them on offense? The Village Idiot in RF has picked it up.... I mean they are getting contributions from Eric "Glass" Chavez and Andrew "Fat Tub of Goo 2" Jones?? It's bad enough they can pick up whomever they would need most of the time.....they actually have found gold in more trash this year that you can believe.

That amazes me as well. The only consistent offensive threat has been Curtis Granderson. The guy who no one questions as to how all of a sudden he can hit homers to deep CF in Toronto on breaking balls on the outside corner. People will buy the HGH stuff about Bautista but no....this guy must be a legit cuz he's a Yankee. And that's what happens when you're a Yankee.

Ok rant aside...... really who besides Tex, here and there....has really helped them on offense? The Village Idiot in RF has picked it up.... I mean they are getting contributions from Eric "Glass" Chavez and Andrew "Fat Tub of Goo 2" Jones?? It's bad enough they can pick up whomever they would need most of the time.....they actually have found gold in more trash this year that you can believe.
    Ummmm.... Robinson Cano? You know, the best 2nd baseman in baseball?

Tex has an insanely low BABIP considering his LD rate. I'm surprised more of that has not been made this year.

I just had to defend the Yankees. I feel dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Ummmm.... Robinson Cano? You know, the best 2nd baseman in baseball?

Tex has an insanely low BABIP considering his LD rate. I'm surprised more of that has not been made this year.

I just had to defend the Yankees. I feel dirty.

My apologies...I forgot about Cano. THEN you have hodge podge of who?? and are you kidding me.....and is He still playing? All of a sudden Posada figured how to hit and not get hurt again? Maybe Jose B left his stuff and Posada had the clubhouse guy snag some?

I know you feel dirty and I feel your pain. I can respect what they did to rebuild that team from the Stump Merrill/Bucky Dent years..... mainly with the great drafting they did.

My apologies...I forgot about Cano. THEN you have hodge podge of who?? and are you kidding me.....and is He still playing? All of a sudden Posada figured how to hit and not get hurt again? Maybe Jose B left his stuff and Posada had the clubhouse guy snag some?

I know you feel dirty and I feel your pain. I can respect what they did to rebuild that team from the Stump Merrill/Bucky Dent years..... mainly with the great drafting they did.
    You are also forgetting Mark Teixeira who is following the Ryan Howard route in having a very low batting average but because of the stadium and that lineup, he has 37 HR with 104 RBI's.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

The Angels are tied with the Rays, now, 2.5 back. The Red Sox are now 5-16 in September with 6 games left.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    You are also forgetting Mark Teixeira who is following the Ryan Howard route in having a very low batting average but because of the stadium and that lineup, he has 37 HR with 104 RBI's.
    He has a "very low" batting average because of his BABIP, not because he strikes out a lot, like Howard does. And he doesn't have a "very low" batting average.

Remember that game hot potato? That's the AL wild card now, nobody wants it.

Turn Off Ads?