Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Braves/Cards/Giants

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    As a Baseball Fan, I love the fact that the WC races in both leagues are nip and tuck and going down to the wire.
    I do too, but... 3 of the 4 teams involved seem to be less-than-good right now. In the NL they should just give the Phillies a 1st round bye and let the D-Backs and Brewers play to determine who will face the Phils in the NLCS. Seems that neither the Braves or Cards are very good. The Red Sox are real bad right now. If this were ski-jumping, then the D-Rays would have wrapped it up a week and a half ago.

Something smells rotten in the WC. At least 75% of it does.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Anything that makes it as gut-wrenching as possible for the Cardinals is what I'm for. The fact that they've clawed back in the race to get to within a game, then they claw back in tonight's game to tie it only to blow it in the 10th is as enjoyable as it gets. In fact, their last two losses have been excruciating defeats snatched from the jaws of victory.
    Yeah and for those who didn't watch it, in the top of the 10th Molina doubled to the wall with one out. However the next hitter hit one back to the pitcher and Molina has a brain cramp and tries to go to 3rd. He's easily thrown out for the 2nd out at 3rd base leaving a runner at 1st with 2 out. The runner at 1st was then thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Way to run yourself out of an inning...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yeah and for those who didn't watch it, in the top of the 10th Molina doubled to the wall with one out. However the next hitter hit one back to the pitcher and Molina has a brain cramp and tries to go to 3rd. He's easily thrown out for the 2nd out at 3rd base leaving a runner at 1st with 2 out. The runner at 1st was then thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Way to run yourself out of an inning...
    Yeah, I pumped my fist and almost threw out my elbow while watching that highlight on Sportscenter this morning.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I do too, but... 3 of the 4 teams involved seem to be less-than-good right now. In the NL they should just give the Phillies a 1st round bye and let the D-Backs and Brewers play to determine who will face the Phils in the NLCS. Seems that neither the Braves or Cards are very good. The Red Sox are real bad right now. If this were ski-jumping, then the D-Rays would have wrapped it up a week and a half ago.

Something smells rotten in the WC. At least 75% of it does.
    Philly just lost 8 straight games, so I wouldn't give them much leeway either.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Philly just lost 8 straight games, so I wouldn't give them much leeway either.
    Good point. I am referring to "the smell of blood" and not acting on it. Philly had smelled it and more-or-less ate it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    As a Baseball Fan, I love the fact that the WC races in both leagues are nip and tuck and going down to the wire.
    I agree, it's good for baseball that these races have become close. However, it's not good for baseball if Tampa Bay ends up winning, which is what looks like will happen. A few years away from a World Series appearance, they are about to finish off an epic comeback and make the playoffs and they draw 18,000 to a game last night, against the Yankees no less. Someone remind me why Tampa has a professional baseball team?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Someone remind me why Tampa has a professional baseball team?
    They won't much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They won't much longer.
    Virginia Rays?
    Charlotte Rays?
    San Antonio Rays?
    Portland Rays?
    Mexico City Rays?

Or just contract them and the A's and spread the players around. Have a reverse draft. Reds get a high pick!

Phillies lead the Braves 7-0 in the 7th inning.

Astros lead the Cardinals 5-0 after three innings.

Senor Votto

I almost want the Cardinals to win the WC. Almost

Just like that it's a 5-4 game. Cardinals will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I almost want the Cardinals to win the WC. Almost
    This statement should warrant a permanent ban...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Well... I think I'm going to finish a whole bottle of Pepto before this game is finish.

I'd hate to see the Cards get in but the way the Braves are playing I'd almost rather see them get in than this pathetic Atlanta team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I have never seen a situation where four teams are tied and two playoff spots are up for grabs on the last day of the season. This is absolutely crazy.

By the way, check out this quote from Chipper Jones after they loss tonight:

"It’s like we’re living out a bad dream"

If that is the mindset for even the most experienced Braves player, it looks like bad news for them tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?