Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves/Cards/Giants

Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I didn't want to bring medical stuff into the conversation because its a very personal thing I have been dealing with and I don't like bringing in that stuff into a sports forum. I only did it to defend myself from posters who always attack instead of debate a point in a logical manor.

Someone mentioned it in a previous thread. When a team is playing sub-par and non-exciting baseball, it looks as if they given up or not care. As fans, it is so easy to make that mistake because our hearts are so into it. It is clear the Cards players cared what was going on. It was an overreaction on my part. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it was uninspiring and pathetic ball they were playing for a while.
    True and true.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I didn't want to bring medical stuff into the conversation because its a very personal thing I have been dealing with and I don't like bringing in that stuff into a sports forum. I only did it to defend myself from posters who always attack instead of debate a point in a logical manor.

Someone mentioned it in a previous thread. When a team is playing sub-par and non-exciting baseball, it looks as if they given up or not care. As fans, it is so easy to make that mistake because our hearts are so into it. It is clear the Cards players cared what was going on. It was an overreaction on my part. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it was uninspiring and pathetic ball they were playing for a while.
    Very true. That said, I hope you get better and do well.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Huge choke by the Cardinals today. They led the Mets 6-2 in the 9th and the bullpen imploded and gave up six runs in the 9th. Mets won 8-6. Instead of being one game back with six to go, Cardinals are two back. They are still within reach but today's loss was devastating.

Completely agree OnBaseMachine. What I don't understand is why TLR pitched Motte in a non-save situation when he had 24 pitches the previous game. Down the stretch, TLR has made all the right moves but this was the biggest head scratcher. Still, the Cards play the Cubs and Houston so they are still in this thing. Washington is red hot right now and the Phillies are going to be tough for Atlanta.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Completely agree OnBaseMachine. What I don't understand is why TLR pitched Motte in a non-save situation when he had 24 pitches the previous game.
    Probably because Motte has given up only a few runs in the last half of the season, and Larussa wanted to give himself his best chance to win.

If Furcal doesn't get stone hands on that DP ball, that game would have been long over and no one would be questioning Larussa.

Srabble and Salas gave up 3 hits to the first 4 batters they faced. If
    Larussa had brought in Salas to start the 9th and he had become unravelled (which he's doing more and more of recently), everyone would have wondered why he didn't nail down the game with the pitcher who's been filty lately.

The phillies are struggling. Howard and pence are both resting injuries and there is no reason for them to throw their studs more than about 5 or 6 innings. I think the braves hold on by about 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Probably because Motte has given up only a few runs in the last half of the season, and Larussa wanted to give himself his best chance to win.

If Furcal doesn't get stone hands on that DP ball, that game would have been long over and no one would be questioning Larussa.

Srabble and Salas gave up 3 hits to the first 4 batters they faced. If
    Larussa had brought in Salas to start the 9th and he had become unravelled (which he's doing more and more of recently), everyone would have wondered why he didn't nail down the game with the pitcher who's been filty lately.
    If you look at Motte's last couple of games though, he has been giving up a decent amount of hits and walks. He just hasn't looked like that dominant pitcher that had a .31 ERA since the All Star break. He is throwing about 95-96 right now where as he was throwing 98+ most of this September. Granted, a weeks worth of games is probably a small sample size but it certainly looks like he is tiring out a bit. You are right about that double play ball, it has to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Huge choke by the Cardinals today. They led the Mets 6-2 in the 9th and the bullpen imploded and gave up six runs in the 9th. Mets won 8-6. Instead of being one game back with six to go, Cardinals are two back. They are still within reach but today's loss was devastating.
    This warms the heart on a cold, rainy fall day. It's like digging out your favorite hoodie from last year and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. Go Braves!

The fat lady is warming up quite nicely for the Cards.

STL loss/ATL win tonight puts Molina and friends three back with five to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    This warms the heart on a cold, rainy fall day. It's like digging out your favorite hoodie from last year and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. Go Braves!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Suffice to say that those Cards' fans deemed "bangwagoners" are again scurring for the exits, like rats jumping off a decaying and infested ship.....

But who knows, we may well see them surface again if the Cards' fortunes change in the next couple of days......

Cubs collapse and the Atlanta lose brings Atlanta's wild card lead down to two.

Cards move within one game with Atlanta.

How come this thread wasn't updated when the Cardinals fell to three back on Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    How come this thread wasn't updated when the Cardinals fell to three back on Friday night?
    Because I was out and about and didn't feel like turning on my computer when I got home. Its Friday night for god sakes.

I did post in here when they had that devastating loss on Thursday against the Mets, just to let you know.

Turn Off Ads?