Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110

Thread: Braves/Cards/Giants

  1. #31
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,968

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I didn't want to bring medical stuff into the conversation because its a very personal thing I have been dealing with and I don't like bringing in that stuff into a sports forum. I only did it to defend myself from posters who always attack instead of debate a point in a logical manor.

    Someone mentioned it in a previous thread. When a team is playing sub-par and non-exciting baseball, it looks as if they given up or not care. As fans, it is so easy to make that mistake because our hearts are so into it. It is clear the Cards players cared what was going on. It was an overreaction on my part. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it was uninspiring and pathetic ball they were playing for a while.
    True and true.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,110

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I didn't want to bring medical stuff into the conversation because its a very personal thing I have been dealing with and I don't like bringing in that stuff into a sports forum. I only did it to defend myself from posters who always attack instead of debate a point in a logical manor.

    Someone mentioned it in a previous thread. When a team is playing sub-par and non-exciting baseball, it looks as if they given up or not care. As fans, it is so easy to make that mistake because our hearts are so into it. It is clear the Cards players cared what was going on. It was an overreaction on my part. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it was uninspiring and pathetic ball they were playing for a while.
    Very true. That said, I hope you get better and do well.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  4. #33
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Huge choke by the Cardinals today. They led the Mets 6-2 in the 9th and the bullpen imploded and gave up six runs in the 9th. Mets won 8-6. Instead of being one game back with six to go, Cardinals are two back. They are still within reach but today's loss was devastating.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  5. #34
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Completely agree OnBaseMachine. What I don't understand is why TLR pitched Motte in a non-save situation when he had 24 pitches the previous game. Down the stretch, TLR has made all the right moves but this was the biggest head scratcher. Still, the Cards play the Cubs and Houston so they are still in this thing. Washington is red hot right now and the Phillies are going to be tough for Atlanta.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,639

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Completely agree OnBaseMachine. What I don't understand is why TLR pitched Motte in a non-save situation when he had 24 pitches the previous game.
    Probably because Motte has given up only a few runs in the last half of the season, and Larussa wanted to give himself his best chance to win.

    If Furcal doesn't get stone hands on that DP ball, that game would have been long over and no one would be questioning Larussa.

    Srabble and Salas gave up 3 hits to the first 4 batters they faced. If
    Larussa had brought in Salas to start the 9th and he had become unravelled (which he's doing more and more of recently), everyone would have wondered why he didn't nail down the game with the pitcher who's been filty lately.

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    So. Cen. KY
    Posts
    1,145

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    The phillies are struggling. Howard and pence are both resting injuries and there is no reason for them to throw their studs more than about 5 or 6 innings. I think the braves hold on by about 3 games.

  8. #37
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Probably because Motte has given up only a few runs in the last half of the season, and Larussa wanted to give himself his best chance to win.

    If Furcal doesn't get stone hands on that DP ball, that game would have been long over and no one would be questioning Larussa.

    Srabble and Salas gave up 3 hits to the first 4 batters they faced. If
    Larussa had brought in Salas to start the 9th and he had become unravelled (which he's doing more and more of recently), everyone would have wondered why he didn't nail down the game with the pitcher who's been filty lately.
    If you look at Motte's last couple of games though, he has been giving up a decent amount of hits and walks. He just hasn't looked like that dominant pitcher that had a .31 ERA since the All Star break. He is throwing about 95-96 right now where as he was throwing 98+ most of this September. Granted, a weeks worth of games is probably a small sample size but it certainly looks like he is tiring out a bit. You are right about that double play ball, it has to be made.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  9. #38
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Huge choke by the Cardinals today. They led the Mets 6-2 in the 9th and the bullpen imploded and gave up six runs in the 9th. Mets won 8-6. Instead of being one game back with six to go, Cardinals are two back. They are still within reach but today's loss was devastating.
    This warms the heart on a cold, rainy fall day. It's like digging out your favorite hoodie from last year and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. Go Braves!

  10. #39
    Member Reds/Flyers Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    The fat lady is warming up quite nicely for the Cards.

    STL loss/ATL win tonight puts Molina and friends three back with five to play.

  11. #40
    Matt's Dad RANDY IN INDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    This warms the heart on a cold, rainy fall day. It's like digging out your favorite hoodie from last year and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. Go Braves!
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

    John Wooden

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,639

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Suffice to say that those Cards' fans deemed "bangwagoners" are again scurring for the exits, like rats jumping off a decaying and infested ship.....

    But who knows, we may well see them surface again if the Cards' fortunes change in the next couple of days......

  13. #42
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Cubs collapse and the Atlanta lose brings Atlanta's wild card lead down to two.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  14. #43
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Cards move within one game with Atlanta.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  15. #44
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    How come this thread wasn't updated when the Cardinals fell to three back on Friday night?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  16. #45
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,593

    Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    How come this thread wasn't updated when the Cardinals fell to three back on Friday night?
    Because I was out and about and didn't feel like turning on my computer when I got home. Its Friday night for god sakes.

    I did post in here when they had that devastating loss on Thursday against the Mets, just to let you know.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25