Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Braves/Cards/Giants

Re: Braves/Cards/Giants

Man, we're not a jealous bunch around here, are we.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Would the thread have been started if it were the same teams involved but in reverse?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Would the thread have been started if it were the same teams involved but in reverse?
    I'm pretty sure someone in here would have started a thread on the Cardinals epic collapse long before I started this thread. If there is anything I have learned being a member of the Reds Zone is that there is not much love for the Cardinals here, lol.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone in here would have started a thread on the Cardinals epic collapse long before I started this thread. If there is anything I have learned being a member of the Reds Zone is that there is not much love for the Cardinals here, lol.
    It's Reds boards for Pete's sake.

What do you expect?

Kinda like when Brandon Phillips walks to the plate in St. Louis.

It's Reds boards for Pete's sake.

What do you expect?
    That was my point. If there was an epic collapse by the Cards just like what is going on in Atlanta, I wouldn't have to start a thread about it like Brutus is asking. I'm pretty sure it would have been stared at least a week before I started this thread.

Gracious, has there ever been two choke jobs in the same season as big as the ones we're seeing this year by Boston and Atlanta?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Astros win 5-4 in 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So tonight, the Braves lose, and the Cards tie their games vs. the Astros. It goes into extras, and then Houston wins in the bottom of the 10th on a suicide squeeze bunt.

The Cardinals could have tied it up, like the Rays did tonight. Now, they are one back of Atlanta with two games left to play. The Cards play Houston, the Braves play the Phillies.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Tough loss. The Cards always seem to have trouble against Wandy Rodriguez.

Anything that makes it as gut-wrenching as possible for the Cardinals is what I'm for. The fact that they've clawed back in the race to get to within a game, then they claw back in tonight's game to tie it only to blow it in the 10th is as enjoyable as it gets. In fact, their last two losses have been excruciating defeats snatched from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Tough loss. The Cards always seem to have trouble against Wandy Rodriguez.
    At least they won't have to deal with notorious Cardinal killer Bud Norris in this series.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    At least they won't have to deal with notorious Cardinal killer Bud Norris in this series.
    lol yeah. That dude pitches like Don Drysdale and Roger Clemens in their prime against us for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Anything that makes it as gut-wrenching as possible for the Cardinals is what I'm for. The fact that they've clawed back in the race to get to within a game, then they claw back in tonight's game to tie it only to blow it in the 10th is as enjoyable as it gets. In fact, their last two losses have been excruciating defeats snatched from the jaws of victory.
    I'm enjoying your commentary in this thread, keep it up.

As a Baseball Fan, I love the fact that the WC races in both leagues are nip and tuck and going down to the wire.

Turn Off Ads?